General Maintanence

N

nismotronic

I know this is maybe a bit of a lame question but I do all the usual stuff myself such as the brakes , oil , and various filters etc but according to the Micra manual I probably should have changed the brake fluid and coolent by now. I read about some of the reasons behind this such as brake fluid being hygroscopic and absorbs water over time and as for the coolent its pretty important to lubricate the water pump and reduce corrosion in the head and water channels aswell as the obvious reasons. Im just wondering how many people do this and is it really that necessary? Changing the coolent is dead easy but id imagine bleeding brakes is a right pain.

i just hate taking the alloys of, i usually let me mates do it down at quik-fit a sneaky £5 here and there and its done.

These engines will carry on running without oil anyway!! Its not too hard to change the oil and filter, the brakes are fine as long as you know what your doing.

if not then get someone else to do it cos brakes with air locks are dangerous and lame.

replacing the brake fluid should take less than 30 minutes with a bleed kit, its pretty easy really.

Yeah I should probably just get it done this summer and stop being a lazy b*:grinning:

Back