General Help Needed

L

Littleleigh

Alright people,
So this is my first thread, and i am excited to have joined. After recieving my silver 1990 Micra 1.2 GSX i was hunting for modifications to set off the little beast. currently on a provisional at the age of 17, i am looking forward to getting on the road, but have little money:down:

So that was when i thought i would try doing things to the car that didnt cost, like cleaning for a start. it needed it, it had mould on it.

anyway, hopefully i would soon get cash, and was wondering how you take of that handbrake cover, and the door panels (Fabric). I would like to do something to the huge gap in the centre console too.
If i purchased an exhaused with a back box (as the tips and the back box's are similar price), would i need to calibrate the engine so that the exhaust pressures are correct?
There is a huge amount to do to these cars, and i have no idea where to start.

A first time driver and a first time modder, Any ideas and help for me would be great and appreciated. Cheers. :grinning:

hi, well you have got a gsx which is basically top of the range apart from the super s, there was a clock in the middle which closes up the gap and a rev counter aswell.

you wont have to anything to the engine if you fit a sports box on the back, i suppose you could lower it and get a air filter? keep youre eye on the for sale section, goodies come up from time to time

welcome to the club

you will be better off going for a custom 4 - 2 -1 exhaust manifold and custom exhaust system but seeing as your on a provisional and want to do cheap things a backbox will just make some noise but you wont see any performance gains from it.

another simple mod is a k&n bolt on filter for around 45 quid for a new one, but people say their isnt much or any performance increase from them.

your best bet is to make sure the engine is correctly timed up and the air fuel ratio is correct

the few hardcore mods are stuff like custom inlet manifolds and exhausts these are the best ways to get a few more bhp

Thanks so much guys, still confused about the back box as there is 2 different answers, hopefully, i will give the car a mix of silver (as it is the base colour) and an electric sort of blue, should look good. Also the interior needs sorting, like new fabric, somehow get the door panels off and cover them etc, any other ideas , thanks again.

Back