gemmas sills!

Raceworx

IM BRINGING SEXY BACK
right we stripped gemmas micra down as it was un econimocal to repair! your dam right it is! iv never seen sills like this in my life and i also want to say there is no way this thing got an mot 3 months ago!! it wouldnt have got one a year ago!! maybe even 2!

how somone can sell a car in this condition knowing it is a death trap dont know!! :wow:

IMG00019.jpg

IMG00020.jpg

IMG00021.jpg

:doh:

ooo i have some on my fone but the cable wasnt working thanks ian :)

Layla said:
lol she should have checked it before she bought it.

she knows i have no sympathy

and yes I know I should have but the skirts covered them and I thought meh cant be that bad with 3 month mot gone :( n/m my fault we have established that amanda :p

OMG! Thats baaaad!
Thought mine were bad but those are aweful!

So sorry for you sweetie, bet you feel sick for being ripped off, can't help having it rubbed in your face either.

the thing thats bad is that a member of our site knew they were like that and sold it!! knowing full well it had an illegal mot and was a complete death trap and to rip a girl of now thats just low!!

Layla said:
lol she should have checked it before she bought it.

she knows i have no sympathy

shouldnt sell an item saying its something that it isnt. (ie roadworthy)

u really r wrong about this martin thing

not a chance what id weld new sills to would be a good place to start! lol also theres no engine or suspention left..

i get realy upset about things like this, when people give backhanders to mot testers to give em a "pass" when it should clearly have been scrapped months ago..

as my dad is a vehicle examiner for VOSA...... any info on where it was passed would be great......get the little..."GRRRS" shut down...

oh yeah, what year is it?

cos mine hasnt got any rust anywhere..... not even peeling paint or anything...lol and mines an N plate.

ollie240585 said:
LMAO.....I'm sensing some sexually orientated innuendos going on here!!!

They do look really nasty!!!!

How did that ever pass an MOT??

and there shouldnt be :glare:

as for the reg carnt remember of the top of my head :S

EDIT

Its an L reg and Iv passed there details onto vosa but its outside time slot by couple of weeks so they just have a black mark against there name for investigation he actually works at that garage thats what ####es me off

Fordy said:
could the rust be seen under the skirts if not then when it was moted the mot tester wouldnt of known

holes in the floor and crossmember might have given them away

the tester must have done the test blindfolded to not see holes in the floor and crossmember, not eaven a tester and i know they are common places on the K11, if the sills were totally covered then the tester would not have seen them though:suspect:

tbh he probably said to the tester ill sort it later, i have done this aswell when mine went in for a mot last saturday but all that was wrong with mine was headlight aim and thats not easy as the foah front bumper covers the adjusters so i said i would do it later and i have.

but sills to be gone like that and holes in the floor thats taking the p*** tbh he just wanted to make money off some person that dont know what they were looking for and unlucky for gemma she was the person this time.

ive seen the car in person the skirts wouldnt of hid the amount of missing sil i know that if a mot tester cant c the sils they cant test them but it really honestly was a dodgy pass

also those pictures dont reflect n show the real extend of the rust i have never seen a car like that b4 ive had cars where u poke a corner here n there it crumbles but not all down the sides

there is barely anything left on the car now to even consider fixing up again i finished it off :p lol

As many people have said on here, I can't believe them sills!!! I though mine were bad.

I was kinda expecting a few small holes but thats crazy!

he works at patterson ford doesnt he? says it all - i have had m fair share of run ins with them mugs

I've also seen this car for myself and the state of those sills was truly scary.

I can't even work out how they've even got into that state, my car is an L reg with 69,000 on it and has barely got any rust on the sills. I can only guess that the side skirts were badly installed and must have collected water under them or something.....either that or the fella who previously owned it washed his car with acid.

Theres no way thats got through an MOT without some "extra" money changing hands lets say.....

Feel for you getting done over like that anyway Gemma and as raceworx said, I think it sucks that another member of this club sold on a car in that state. Its not like he wouldn't have known those sills were that bad.

amazing. Thats mad. You probably have grounds to report it to the VOSA.

nah not 69k had a engine transplant done over 100k

I know Ed I tried to but I missed out on the time slot to get anything done about it...read the bk of the mot certificate basically they wipe there hands of it after this time. They have put a black mark against the garage and are going to invspect them more often but there is nothing they can do for my case. If only I had got it checked out a few weeks earlier they could have been done!

Why are we talkign about the MOT..??

The responsibility lies on the seller and the buyer..

The seller should never sell it and the buyer shoud have never bought it. Period.

we are talking about the mot because it only passed a couple of month ago and shouldnt of been passed.

We have already established i was wrong not to check the car but are mearly stating the obv fact that this rust could not have occured in 3 month and has been illegaly put through unfortunatly thegarage have got away with it this time as it was outside the 28 days ...just! now they are free to pass vehicle thru mot for road legal when clearly they are not and ppl may get injured!!

That is y......period

i think the sills on my 1.6 are worse :( i found out they were rusty when i jacked up the car and the jack went up but the car didn't lol :D

thats soo harsh, only thing for it is sel-imperial :) new sills £40 for the pair ;)

goldstar0011 said:
Nex, ebay sills are cheaper when you add vat and p&p to the sel imperial, myself and pual bother used ebay

thanks mate, but i have an even better idea ;)

watch this space for a super post on the outcome of the rusty 1.6 :D:D:D

NeX said:
i think the sills on my 1.6 are worse :( i found out they were rusty when i jacked up the car and the jack went up but the car didn't lol :D

Lmao!!

Arnold said:

lol well i wasn't laughing :D

i was gonna get it through an MOT and i thought i better check it and err... thats odd... oh... damn!!!

:D:D:D all good, wait and see ;)

Gemma85 said:
we are talking about the mot because it only passed a couple of month ago and shouldnt of been passed.

We have already established i was wrong not to check the car but are mearly stating the obv fact that this rust could not have occured in 3 month and has been illegaly put through unfortunatly thegarage have got away with it this time as it was outside the 28 days ...just! now they are free to pass vehicle thru mot for road legal when clearly they are not and ppl may get injured!!

That is y......period

During the buying and selling.. you got what you paid for.. i hope you do not pay a bomb for it. the Sales Contract is between you and the seller.. lets not try to put other people in the equation. The Mot tester also got a life, it is not good we accuse him of something that we do not know for sure.

Although the mot pass last 3 month or so, i believe the seller is very relieve that he or she have pass it..

how he can make you buy it is something that i am really curious.. he is a good saleman i believe..maybe no morals and selfish but a good salesman..

LA_469 said:
how he can make you buy it is something that i am really curious.. he is a good saleman i believe..maybe no morals and selfish but a good salesman..

bit like Tony Blair ;)

LA_469 said:
During the buying and selling.. you got what you paid for.. i hope you do not pay a bomb for it. the Sales Contract is between you and the seller.. lets not try to put other people in the equation. The Mot tester also got a life, it is not good we accuse him of something that we do not know for sure.

Although the mot pass last 3 month or so, i believe the seller is very relieve that he or she have pass it..

Yes its been established that she shouldn't have baught the car, but the car was sold with the understanding that it had a valid MOT certificate. Unfortunatly it seems the MOT tester was either corrupt or blind.

So I agree the previous owner was probably a very good salesman and also a con-artist. Very much like Mr Blair actually :)

NeX said:
bit like Tony Blair ;)

Gemma,

Please dont get me wrong..
We have MOT here too in singapore... I know someone who is working there now.
There are Smart Idiots that will go all the way just to pass the MOT. Eg bring in totally different car but the same model, changing the exhaust system just before the MOT and changing it back after the test..All sort of thing , i tell you.

The world has manny of these idiots that will love to see how they can bend the rules that other people set..What they do not know is that due to their selfishness, others might get hurt.. but they don't care..

For you case, i strongly suggest you claim a refund from the seller..

The seller was/is an MSC member, there's a level of trust on here which now appears have been broken.

Gemma was "tricked" into buying, was was nice looking on outside and modded, we tend to expect modded cars to have a decent shell.

Gemma and all of us have learnt a lesson to be very vigilant in checking micra sills over good.

All the best sweetie

goldstar0011 said:
The seller was/is an MSC member, there's a level of trust on here which now appears have been broken.

Gemma was "tricked" into buying, was was nice looking on outside and modded, we tend to expect modded cars to have a decent shell.

Gemma and all of us have learnt a lesson to be very vigilant in checking micra sills over good.

All the best sweetie

Member or not.. Everyone here should pressure him to refund Gemma. i still feel that she is entittle to a refund. Luckily she found it before it is too late..

Gemma, lesson learn and all the best...take care girl..

LA_469 said:
Member or not.. Everyone here should pressure him to refund Gemma. i still feel that she is entittle to a refund. Luckily she found it before it is too late..

Gemma, lesson learn and all the best...take care girl..

No one is pressuring him as he doesnt come on now

and the fact that he works at a garage rings alarm bells straight away

I was entitled to one by trading standered laws but it would have cost me more to get my money bk thru small claims courts ect

I have learnt my lesson hence y i am disiplining myself by not getting another car...just spending money on shoes instead :)

Thanks Gary :)

Gemma85 said:
No one is pressuring him as he doesnt come on now

and the fact that he works at a garage rings alarm bells straight away

I was entitled to one by trading standered laws but it would have cost me more to get my money bk thru small claims courts ect

I have learnt my lesson hence y i am disiplining myself by not getting another car...just spending money on shoes instead :)

Thanks Gary :)

not buying another car!!! what are the chances of getting two crappy micras? lol

NeX said:
not buying another car!!! what are the chances of getting two crappy micras? lol

extemely high as my dads failed his mot a couple of days later on rust..

when I do get a car it will be a newish 1

LA_469 said:
Member or not.. Everyone here should pressure him to refund

That would never happen, as at the end of the day - Gemma didnt have to buy it.

Its not like buying a 'mint condition' item on ebay and getting something thats been smashed to bits. This car was a first hand purchase and therefor up to the buyer to check them out, and walk away if they dont like it. Thats why you can get RAC inspections etc if your not sure.

Its a bad situation which Gemma has learnt from, and luckily wasnt injured as a result of the condition of the car

i bought my first k11 off a member of this club, which brought me here in the first place.
in the first six months of owning it, it was actually out of the garage for 3 weeks. when it was eventually written off we discovered that the car had been a catD write off, and the engine bay was infact three inches shorter than it should have been, both wings, the bonnet and the bumper had been replaced, as had the door and the tailgate.
yet the owner of the car, an ex msc member, hadnt told me this
so yes, i know how crap it is to buy rubbish, but i also know that at the end of the day, i was buying a second hand car and should have had it checked out.
no point whinging on about it, what happened happened

Back