Gearknob Suggestions

Tchaaa

Buy & Sell Member
So the gearknob on my K12 has gotten to the point where it's annoyed me enough to consider replacing it. The heat and the friction from my hand has perished the leather (much like it has on the steering wheel but that doesn't bother me as much as there's more hand-space).

On my K11 I'd always wanted an 8-ball gearknob but decided that on the K12 I want something that blends in a bit better, was thinking Momo Gotham after seeing it on funkydoodycool's posts before he went off to Smart Brabus-land.

Does anyone else have any other suggestions as to a subtle replacement for the standard K12 gearknob?

Guy

Has gone over to the oily side...
Club Member
I always have the Sparco matt ball. Got one in both my K12s:

shortened_knob.png

Better be quick, the guy at Demon Tweeks said they're not being made any more :eek:.

Shaun

***StaGGeRed***
Ever since i had a pool ball made from Mark i have always used them, in this volvo however it's a lift up one for reverse to makes things complicated. :(
Ball types are the best. :D

Shaun said:
Ever since i had a pool ball made from Mark i have always used them, in this volvo however it's a lift up one for reverse to makes things complicated. :(
Ball types are the best. :D

Hmm balls and knobs I've come in the wrong thread..... Pool cue ball is the best I've had

So the gearknob on my K12 has gotten to the point where it's annoyed me enough to consider replacing it. The heat and the friction from my hand has perished the leather (much like it has on the steering wheel but that doesn't bother me as much as there's more hand-space).

On my K11 I'd always wanted an 8-ball gearknob but decided that on the K12 I want something that blends in a bit better, was thinking Momo Gotham after seeing it on funkydoodycool's posts before he went off to Smart Brabus-land.

Does anyone else have any other suggestions as to a subtle replacement for the standard K12 gearknob?

What knob do you currently have?

OP
OP
Tchaaa

Tchaaa

Buy & Sell Member
Pool balls seem to be the winner so far! Didn't really think it would suit a K12 as well as it might a K11, but I'm kinda picturing it and coming round to the idea.

Guy - That looks a bit cheap and plasticy for my liking. Also noted the facelift version cupholders, indecided as to wether I prefer the preface ones or not, are there any other interior changes on the facelift?

Norfolkne - Just the standard Nissan metal and leather attire, which I actually really liked until all the leather started to disintegrate and started leaving sticky residue.

Karl - Balls, Knobs and as of this post, sticky residue too!

Pool balls seem to be the winner so far! Didn't really think it would suit a K12 as well as it might a K11, but I'm kinda picturing it and coming round to the idea.

Guy - That looks a bit cheap and plasticy for my liking. Also noted the facelift version cupholders, indecided as to wether I prefer the preface ones or not, are there any other interior changes on the facelift?

Norfolkne - Just the standard Nissan metal and leather attire, which I actually really liked until all the leather started to disintegrate and started leaving sticky residue.

Karl - Balls, Knobs and as of this post, sticky residue too!

There is one of those standard ones that you have, including the gaiter, for sale on ebay, if you wanted to stick with the original.

OP
OP
Tchaaa

Tchaaa

Buy & Sell Member
There is one of those standard ones that you have, including the gaiter, for sale on ebay, if you wanted to stick with the original.

Could you link me? I had a search but couldn't find it. Sticking with the original sounds sensible however something third party is also tempting, at the moment I'm just weighing up my options.

Guy

Has gone over to the oily side...
Club Member
Cheeky bugger. It wasn't cheap and it's made of forged aluminium with steel grub screws :p.

how did you get the original gear nob off , you have the same micra has me an i carnt turn the gear nob is it glued, which way dose it turn clockwise or anti thanks . i have a momo leather an crome ball from my car

You should be able to twist it off anti clockwise, if its tough and you don't care about the original use some grips on it to give you a bit more leverage, mine on my k11 was tough to remove but they do twist off, I'm pretty sure the k12's will be threaded too

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

You should be able to twist it off anti clockwise, if its tough and you don't care about the original use some grips on it to give you a bit more leverage, mine on my k11 was tough to remove but they do twist off, I'm pretty sure the k12's will be threaded too

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I have just been giveing it some welly with mol grips with a towel covering the nob , not come off im trying not to chew it up because the car is 2010 an if i sell it some time i want to retain the old nob