? Gearbox problems

Hi, I wonder if anybody could help me.

Last week, my engine became juddery, as if it were to pack out when i pulled in to a junction (whilst at speed- fine). The next day it seemed fine, put it down to bad weather (it was after we had all the rain), but the next day it began again. Problem wasn't too bad at first, was advised by family to just sit on it and see how it went.

This monday it became a lot worse, and suddenly the gears began to crunch. I took it to a garage today who said that when he was pulling it up to the ramp he really struggled to get it in to gear at all. (When engine off- gets it fine). He changed the spark plugs as he said there was a massive gap, and then when taking it for a test drive he said the gears began to work fine (He had run a test on the engine and came back with no faults).

He said that he had absolutely no idea what was wrong with the gearbox/clutch, but all I could do was see how it went over the next couple of weeks and take it back , if needs be.

I drove the couple of miles home, got to the bottom of my road and the gears began to crunch again, so much so I could hardly get it in to gear (I have found that if you sit in neutral for a couple of seconds whilst moving you can crunch it in to gear). Now the engine has started to judder again.

Are these 2 things related??? Does anybody have any advice before I take it somewhere else and get ripped off again, at least if I go with some sort of an idea as to what's going on they won't try and fob me off (curse of being a woman, we get all the bad luck!!!!!)

Many thanks in advance if anybody can help.

Katherine

this gurl here is G'd up not only that but now her g's mucked :)
why not even swap ups and go and buy a G's truck.

yea sounds like the clutch mechanism is too loose and not fully disengaging the clutch.
this makes gear selection hard and the engine struggle at standstill cos it's still partially transmitting some torque.

believe the clutch is hydraulic. check there's no trapped air (any air just becomes squished so the pedal travels further down without disengaging the clutch) and that the clutch is still self adjusting itself.

Back