Gearbox fill plug

Hey everyone,

Just doing a clutch on my k11 and the filler plug had been royally chewed up prior to me getting in there... Managed to eventually get it out after much smacking. I need a replacement but I can't find one for sale anywhere...

Anybody know a good supplier? It's the 1. 0 coilpack manual and is a 51 plate

Thank
s
IMG_20200314_091838.jpg

I would refill a measured oil quantity to capacity gear box in situ via the speedo drive port or the expansion vent port & simply side step messing about with the level plug as it’s on the side with limited access & an oil pump is required to pump the oil in.

That’s what I had to suggest at a mechanics workshop when they let the gear box oil empty on the floor when changing a drive shaft for me about 15 years ago on my early K10 when they said they could not find a refill or level plug.

I like to think that they learned something on that day rather than just taking the mick out of customers as I did not pay for the unnecessary extra work creation scheme or the wasted gear oil? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I just fill up my big jug with a hose connected to the fill plug and let it drain in on its own, if the gearbox had not been out for the clutch and rear main deal I'l wouldn't have bothered faffing with it

My sentiment & thought’s exactly.

Why bother with all that unnecessary potential work & problems that the mechanics created when all that was needed in my case was to stuff a rag or paper towels in the gear box drive shaft opening when removing the old drive shaft in order to retain the existing gearbox oil?

They were not best pleased when I told them how to get on with it & also how they should have done it right first time.

Some Mothers Do Have Em Aptitude Test

Enjoy a laugh ;)