GearBox common issues on K13

Dear All,

Does anyone knows the common issues of gearbox problem on the Nissan K13??

In my country there seems to be lots of issues with them but never hear real stories.

My car is making a noise that is coming from the gearbox when driving on up on a heal. If i drive up to a heal with 2-3 passengers then the noise goes out.

The gearbox fluids was changed 1 year ago and since that i drove around 40,000km.

kind regards,

Sebastien

Auto or manual?
Auto CVT have a distingtive sound yes, like a continuous fssss. Also around 50 kmph the second gear kicks in. The CVT on Micras are dual speed CVT and the change occurs around 50.

Also on the first engagement at around 30 there is a tick sound, more like a grind. I wouldn't worry much, had this since new, now having 70000 kms no problems. Also keep in mind that these CVT are fitted to the Juke models which have more weight and more power, so there should be no problem with them on the light weight 1.2 Micras.

As for the manuals and the 4 speed autos I have no experience, but again should be bulletproof.

Hope this will bring some light,
Adrian

Hello,

It is an auto transmission. I think most of these k13 are automatic gear box.
I think you are right no need to worry at this time.
thanks for your feedback
sebastien

Auto or manual?
Auto CVT have a distingtive sound yes, like a continuous fssss. Also around 50 kmph the second gear kicks in. The CVT on Micras are dual speed CVT and the change occurs around 50.

Also on the first engagement at around 30 there is a tick sound, more like a grind. I wouldn't worry much, had this since new, now having 70000 kms no problems. Also keep in mind that these CVT are fitted to the Juke models which have more weight and more power, so there should be no problem with them on the light weight 1.2 Micras.

As for the manuals and the 4 speed autos I have no experience, but again should be bulletproof.

Hope this will bring some light,
Adrian