Gear stick not returning to centre.

Anyone else have this problem, when moving gear to right it goes back to centre, but when I move it left it doesn't. Anyone know a fix for this?

Anyone else have this problem, when moving gear to right it goes back to centre, but when I move it left it doesn't. Anyone know a fix for this?

It's a common problem. The return spring is broken. Jack up the car and remove the heat shield. You can then get to the spring and either replace it, or bend a new hooked end and hook it back to the fixing point.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Wigankev
It's a common problem. The return spring is broken. Jack up the car and remove the heat shield. You can then get to the spring and either replace it, or bend a new hooked end and hook it back to the fixing point.

Know where I can get replacement spring? Might get my mechanic do it as I'm planning on getting my new drive belt fitted soon.

LiamC

I've ruined my car ?

Mine was the same, it fell completely off but was wedged in behind the heat shield luckily so I didn't lose it. Those heat shield bolts will likely have welded themselves on so plenty of wd for getting them off

Sent from my SM-G903F using Micra Sports Club mobile app

Buddy of mine met a geezer in a lay by to buy his motor, didn't try it - just bought it.
The geezer left, my mate jumped in the car ...wouldn't start.
He opened the bonnet - no engine ...true story :rolleyes:

Almost had to scrap mine before my son officially handed me the keys...
There was so much rust under the Twister it cost £350 to put right. The whole drivers sill including seat belt anchor point. Re-gassed the aircon was an extra £40. Aircon in a motor with no electric windows or power steering.
Oh yeh, an optional extra worth having. Boy does that drag what little power it has, down. :rolleyes:

Almost had to scrap mine before my son officially handed me the keys...
There was so much rust under the Twister it cost £350 to put right. The whole drivers sill including seat belt anchor point. Re-gassed the aircon was an extra £40. Aircon in a motor with no electric windows or power steering.
Oh yeh, an optional extra worth having. Boy does that drag what little power it has, down. :rolleyes:
I had aircon in a twister that I had ....just took it out ...or should say cut all the pipes out of it.
But then again my twister was a 1.4 - awesome little thing.