gear selector shaft oil seal

hi,i've got a leaky gearbox(94 micra 998cc) checked under car and reckoned the leak was coming from the selector shaft,phoned nissan parts for a oil seal,the guy at the parts desk couldn't find the part and reckoned the oil seal dosen't exist,can anyone out there tell me if it dose exist(i'm sure it dose it gives instructions in the haynes manual how to replace one)and if anyone has a part number that would be great. thanks john.

NeX

You're after my robot bee
Club Member
i am sorry, i don't know the part number, but i have never heard of these things going wrong. i would have thought that it is more likely that the oil is leaking from somewhere else.

frank

Club Member
hi john

i agree with nex, more likely a shaft seal, there are 2 k11 g/box types and my pre98 1.0 does,nt appear to have one

NeX

You're after my robot bee
Club Member
i am sorry, i don't know the part number, but i have never heard of these things going wrong. i would have thought that it is more likely that the oil is leaking from somewhere else.

oil seal

thanks for the reply's,thinking about it again looks like it's probably a input shaft seal(thought i was just imagining the clutch slipping),so looks like it's going to be more expensive than i had hoped,new clutch replace oil seals
thanks for the info get back to you when i get it repaired, john.

solarice

Ex. Club Member
my gearbox oil seal went...and dumped gearbox oil all over the friction plate, making the car virtually undrivable (pic in my blog somewhere).

if its leaking that way, theres a small hole at the bottom of the gearbox where the oil will drip from...if its leaking further back then its either probably the gear leaver oil seal, or possibly just leaking a little from the gearbox joint and working its way back.

all gearbox oil seals are fairly easy to replace (even the internal one), regardless to what the haynes says...

pollyp

Club Member
incase ppl are interested if the selector rod seal is replacable, I've taken mine apart. there are small & large versions

http://www.micra.org.uk/threads/pollymobiles-rebuild.35251/page-77#post-580749

dsc08127t.jpg
dsc08125f.jpg