Gear selection problem..

Glenn

Ex. Club Member
Hey guys, did i search but didnt really find what i was looking for basically being at uni for ages havent drove my car for ages, my mum drove my car up to nottingham on friday and she said it was fine but after driving it yesterday for the first time in months, it is almost impossible to get it into 1st & 2nd when it is put into reverse there is a loud "clunking" sound..

just wondering what the problem is hopefully it is not too bad, i am off to devon today aswell so will check back on friday to see if anyone has come up with any answers..

thanks in advance!!

Might be time for a gearbox oil change, but wouldn't bother until you check the clutch cable. My 1 litre used to be quite annoying getting into 1st when the gearbox was cold. Can't remember what my 1.3s like as i've not really driven it that much. lol.

it could just be the clutch cable wants adjusting, oftenthis is overlooked. i hope it is this simple for you.

i have had that once or twice with the 1st and 2nd gear all i did was foot off clutch and and let go of gear nob and then tried it again and it just went straight in. was abit anoying as i was at the traffic light, but mine hasnt done it for age so.

thanks for the replys guys, apparently the bloke at my dads garage tightened some cables :upside: or did something to it, but will give it a drive tomorrow n see how i get on with it!

Back