gear plate surround

Spike

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave
sorry that this is to be my first post, I planning a blog for it but once ive done photos and written it all up i'll get it posted ASAP, but for info ive got a 1994/5 M Reg Micra K11 1ltr

I've picked up a RaceX chrome gear shift surround pictured below

however, ive removed the old gaitor and knob and im presented with this

so when placed on top of each other etc, they look like this!

can I unscrew or screw anything? remove anything, I dont want to play about with it too much without knowing really what im doing incase I ###### the whole thing up so any help or advice would be greatly appreciated

thanks in advance

Spike

p.s I'm away all next week, but when I return ill be joining the MSC!

first of all, welcome to the club mate :)

the problem is that you have one of the older k11s which don't have a gear surround they just have a rubber gator...

i think the best thing to do is jack up the car and take off the exhaust gaurd so that you can see the bottom of the gear stick and then drill some holes through the floor of the car making sure you don't hit anything, then bolt your new gator in place. then make sure you rust proof your new holes with paint etc...

or go to a scrappy and get a plastic gear surround and try an fit that. you may need the metal thing too that you mount in place...

not an easy one mate, but good luck, its gonna look good ;)

any pics of the car ?

i've been taking a few pictures of the cars, which ill include in a blog very soon, ill be able to go to the scrapyard when I get back from prague, what kind of plastic gear surround should i look for? somthing from another micra? cos I went down there last week in search of a headlight and there was a few of mine, a few 98 - 2002 and even a K12, so ive got a good range of parts.

I really just want to bolt on the chrome gear surround, maybe shorten the actual stick a touch and put a new gear knob on, and possibly avoid having to fiddle under the actual car as I dont have access to a jack or that kind of equipement.

thanks for the response and thanks for the welcome to the club :D

Back