Gear gaiter surround?

I have put this off since last year but i bought a chrome affect gear gaiter that is ment for the k11 but it does not fit!

Has anyone got a gergaiter surround on their car and if so wer did u get it from and how the hell did u get it to fit??

thanks jason

richbrook make one matey, they are machined stainless "pollished" and are 100% the corect size and shape...... you have to screw it to the plastic arround the gear gaitor.

dont buy imitation crap..lol

well just been on the richbrook website and thats the same shape surround that i bought but i still dnt understand how it fits cus wen i took my old gaiter off and the metal clips that held it down i put myne on and there is nothing to screw to plus its too small as there is a gap between the carpet and the surrouind???

you have to do what I did, its a bit fiddly but it will work, in a nutshell, on the facelift micra, you get that plastic bit and then the rubber gator (SP??) around, you need to cut the plastic bit from the rubber, and superglue it back onto the large plastic surround, then if you carefully line up the screws you can screw the metal surround and leather gator thingy on

then, take an angle grinder to the gear stick to shorten it...

Am i being stupid but wen i took my old gaiter off it was a 1 piece rubber gaiter and then a metal base that cliped onto it and held it in place!

This is all i had and i removed both things, all im left with is two welded small bolts near the dash end and nothing the other end?

maybe yours is a basic model? and doesn't have the center console that these ^^^^ are on about?
get a pic of it up

yeah myne is a 1.0l tropic and i looked at a 1.3 lx today and it has a raised plastic surround at the bottom of the standard gaiter but myne doesnt!

no good phil as that wuld clip to the metal base that i removed so i really think im stuck on this and there is no way of attatching anything down,lol.

i got a richbrook one on mine. get a e30 bmw one they are the same and you might be able to get one of ebay for the bmw unlike finding a 2nd hand micra one.

no good phil as that wuld clip to the metal base that i removed so i really think im stuck on this and there is no way of attatching anything down,lol.

the raised bit has brackets to hold it in place, and these use the studs/bolts which hold the gear lever in i think, so it should be a straight swap. just find one in a scrappy.

so i just get that raised plastic surround from the scrappy then and use that!

i can go down tomoz as he has

3x face lift k11's
3x k10's
3x pre-face lift k11's

ther is a 1.3 k11 down there and i know it has that surround on it so i will nab it!

yeah i cut the gearstick down in my old micra ( actually hacksawed the gearknob off as it was stuck solid, but shortened it at same time : ) ), far better job imo

yeah i cut the gearstick down in my old micra ( actually hacksawed the gearknob off as it was stuck solid, but shortened it at same time : ) ), far better job imo

i did this as well its great! But i do want a short shifter though, after driving all these other cars etc, the k11 has got a great short shifty type of box anyway!

anways back to MY topic!

I went down the scrappys today and for a fiver i managed to get the raised plastic surround that u get in 1.3's for the gear gater!

shall be spraying it tomoz!

Back