gauge problem

Ian

Ex. Club Member
anyone else noticing that their petrol gauge goes up and down randomly? just wondering whether mine is faulty or not

Layla

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Anything to do with putting petrol in the tank, then using it? :p , no seriously, mine does that going up and down hills! lol

James

Chairman
K11 ones tend to be very odd. Apparantly something to do with the sender in the tank. Mine can say i have a quarter left but then go up to a third when I turn it on next time. I just drive it till the empty line and fill it up :)

Layla

Deactivated Account
arnold... i belive the rule of the forum is that if you arent going to say anything nice, dont say anything at all...

mine does it on a straight. piece of crap

rlees85

Ex. Club Member
mine kinda says its lower then it is when i switch on, then goes up abit, then starts coming back down again.... but yeah it also kinda has a mind of its own.

solarice

Ex. Club Member
lots of quick acceleration also has the same effect...dont know how many times ive thought its been nearing empty only to find ive actually got a lot more than i thought.

James

Chairman
I've always wondered if its kind of based on how heavy your right foot is, cos I've had the same thing as you solarice! :)

Retepetsir

King of Subsonic
The sensor is to the rear of the tank, you'll find that going uphill makes it seem like you have more fuel than you actually do, and going downhill has the opposite effect.

solarice

Ex. Club Member
James said:
I've always wondered if its kind of based on how heavy your right foot is, cos I've had the same thing as you solarice! :)

lol, im not so bad now...seeing as my clutch is virtually dead, can hardly get anywhere quickly...for now ;)