Ga16de performance

Could someone who has done the conversion tell me if they are happy with their micras performance.

Hearing mixed things about it , I have just bought a donar primera , so I am doing the conversion ,

The plan so far is to use the existing cg box/shafts and just change engine and notching the chassis leg.
Have read about electric water pumps or moving every thing over and going with custom shafts, love to hear from both sides but mainly want to know what they drive like with the engine and does the extra power over come the extra weight in the micra

frank

Club Member
"power to weight" is pretty easy to work out, a stock 15 yr old ga16 95hp ? so it will depend on how tuned the ga is really
and notching the chassis is asking for trouble imo, i personally would push the o/s chassis outwards 1/2" and the move mounts over to the nearside 1/2" too (stock shafts)

"power to weight" is pretty easy to work out, a stock 15 yr old ga16 95hp ? so it will depend on how tuned the ga is really
and notching the chassis is asking for trouble imo, i personally would push the o/s chassis outwards 1/2" and the move mounts over to the nearside 1/2" too (stock shafts)
Thanks for the reply frank

So far I have bolted my micra gear box to the ga16 but could you explain in more depth what you mean by push the o/s chassis outwards 1/2" and the move mounts over to the nearside 1/2" too (stock shafts)

If you keep the standard CG box and shafts then the engine hits the chassis rail on the drivers side. Some cut the chassis whereas frank used a hydraulic ram to push the rail outwards thus keeping more of its strength. If you want it to correctly fit then you need to move the gearbox over, but that means new shafts.

If you keep the standard CG box and shafts then the engine hits the chassis rail on the drivers side. Some cut the chassis whereas frank used a hydraulic ram to push the rail outwards thus keeping more of its strength. If you want it to correctly fit then you need to move the gearbox over, but that means new shafts.
Thanks for the reply
I was sizing it up last night and have nearly fully decided to go down the route of custom shafts!!!
Fabricator/fitter by trade so going to have a go myself

Has anyone any experience on how to remesure them and any advise or tips on fitting primera brakes to her ??

Thanks all

frank

Club Member
there is some leeway in the pot joints as you can see (where the balls have marked the channels)
and if you shift the g/box over 1" then alter the shafts accordingly

SDC10542.JPG