GA16DE in a facelift

rlees85

Ex. Club Member
just quick question.. has anyone done this in a facelift??

and if so: do you still need to hack away the engine bay abit? (or use electric water pump?)

and: if i chose the lazy option and used an electric water pump, what are the disadvantages?

i know theres also the ECU/Nats to worry about.

Reason i ask is i cant be assed spending loads to make a 1.4 go quite fast (janspeed, ecu, cams) when i can just stick a 1.6 in with a decent exhaust and intake system and go even faster... lol

Good luck with that.

With the electrics in mind I think you'll have a massive headache doing this!!

Speak to Ed as he's the Daddy on the subject!

Its a BIG job. the ECU systems are totally different for a start...

Ive fitted ones of these into a faclift recently.. within the last month..

The mounts are all fabricated to suit..

You will not have a problem with cleareance if the engine is situated in the correct place..

An existing driveshaft can be used.. , which means youve only got wiring and a single drivshaft to worry about..

HOWEVER!!!>. use a donor car and dont scrap the car until the conversion is complete, as ive Worked o9n this car for a pal who accidentally scrapped the 1.6 Donror car too early and this has hindered to whole conversion

cheers for replies, looks like a bigger job then i expected, but i expected to have to re-wire whole loom pretty much and probably have to source earlier dials and all sorts too...

getting engine mounts fabricated, that a massive/expensive job? or reasonably simple/cheap?

cheers

Back