Ga16de conversion gearbox

I might be buying the ga16 k11 i was offerd last month....it has the cg13de box mounted to it.

Is this correct and will the gearbox and clutch all work ok?

It drives as i tested it yesterday.

He is also running the k11 ecu but again is this ok or can i plumb in my megasquirt ecu and create my own base map?

h701micra

Deactivated Account
Yup gearbox is fine but power will be limited and top end

You'll need a ford edis system, coilpack and plugs no?

Enuo

Glorified Electrician
I think a micra paddle clutch can handle 300hp though, so with a 200mm micra flywheel you're not gunna be lacking headroom... 150hp is the highest you can really expect to go n/a from what I've seen, butnmuch over stock the 1.3 180mm gearbox will struggle with the torque of the bigger engine I would guess

h701micra

Deactivated Account
A ga can do 180hp n/a takes alot of work though :)
Not had any experience with my micra boxes attached to ga... just know they work

Enuo

Glorified Electrician
Not had any experience with my micra boxes attached to ga... just know they work
Easier to get lighter cg flywheels and uprated clutches than ga, ignoring US imports. Can get a LSD built by matt humphries too. Just a shame about the shorter gearing really...

Enuo

Glorified Electrician
And 180hp is nuts! 20hp more than highest I've ever heard a cg go, and probably masses more torque through the revs :)

h701micra

Deactivated Account
Lsd wouldn't be cheap I suspect.
I'd stick with ga stuff as it's proven :)
If you're running a cg box... a cg13 may as well be used because of its limitations in use with a ga16
Based on the assumption you're putting a ga16 in to get more power than capable by a cg?

OP
OP
micra.jas
I only wanted to know if it worked as i need a car asap for work....the shell is a mint non welded 2000 facelift just needs a mot.

I wanted to use my megasquirt as im unaware how much work it will be to run a ga16 ecu.

I will change to a ga gearbox at a later date but i only drive 6 miles a day lol

frank

Club Member
I only wanted to know if it worked as i need a car asap for work....the shell is a mint non welded 2000 facelift just needs a mot.

I wanted to use my megasquirt as im unaware how much work it will be to run a ga16 ecu.

I will change to a ga gearbox at a later date but i only drive 6 miles a day lol
if its got a CG t/b fitted ?, it,ll run worse with a GA ecu jas

Enuo

Glorified Electrician

If it has the engine loom from the donor car wiring shouldn't be too difficult to use the GA ecu, if its a nats 2 ecu you will need the transponder etc, as its not possible to work around it.

OP
OP
micra.jas
1378404667118.jpg

Enuo

Glorified Electrician
I doubt asside from gearing and driveshaft size that theres much difference between the two... need to split my engine and gearbox and compare with someones cg box...

Enuo

Glorified Electrician
There's not much info... as I couldn't run it to be honest... but I can soon drag it out and dig some more?
Thats fine, I pretty much have the ga into cg wiring figured, so I got two options I guess if the dizzy is a 4 disc...