GA16 Airbox Needed!

Hi,

I am looking for the Airbox off a GA16 engine, from what I understand, these are comptatible with K11 engines but are larger with wider intake pipe than the standard K11 airbox. I'm based in Rotherham and so can pay delivery charge or collect if local. Thanks.

LiamC

I've ruined my car ?
Hi,

I am looking for the Airbox off a GA16 engine, from what I understand, these are comptatible with K11 engines but are larger with wider intake pipe than the standard K11 airbox. I'm based in Rotherham and so can pay delivery charge or collect if local. Thanks.
I have one in Ireland

Hi,

Hello Ihtisham. It's the Almera 1.5 box that you want buddy.

25? And i can get postage quotes at the weekend
Hi,
Can you please send photos of the Airbox and intake pipe please? (as I'm a bit confused now because I thought the Airbox I needed was from 1.4 and 1.6 Almera n15 or primera but davyboy has said it's from 1.5 almera)
And yes if you could get postage quotes for me, that would be brill!

Hello Ihtisham. It's the Almera 1.5 box that you want buddy.
search

search

I'm confused now, the images attached are what I'm looking for, these are the ones that people have fitted to K11 1.0 engines right? And they seem to the GA16 airboxes??
Thanks for the help.

search

search

I'm confused now, the images attached are what I'm looking for, these are the ones that people have fitted to K11 1.0 engines right? And they seem to the GA16 airboxes??
Thanks for the help.

Edit: the links don't seem to be working but I just typed in GA16 Airbox K11 into google and that's the Airbox I'm looking for. Do the 1.5's also work?

LiamC

I've ruined my car ?
Yup...correct, it has to be the early 1.5s
I think that applies to the 1.6 as well ....it all changed when Renault got involved with Nissan.
Davyboy if youre on about N16 almeras with the 1.5 then those design boxes never fitted, damn renault were already heavily involved by then anyway.

LiamC

I've ruined my car ?
44f74519f904d8d434e99cbed45d8d30.png
e6976ed72b0da91d9a1c13ef1e24a201.jpg

Just to clarify, this is the box I'm looking for along with the air pipe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is indeed the box I have, postage with the pipe though could be a killer. Its very big and awkward shaped, and also is restrictive in a few places. Also needs to be cut down to fit in as its for a wider car. My thoughts are you would be better off making a custom one yourself from drain pipe, that way you can control exactly where the air comes and the route it takes. Ill pm you anyway to save loads of thread updates

That is indeed the box I have, postage with the pipe though could be a killer. Its very big and awkward shaped, and also is restrictive in a few places. Also needs to be cut down to fit in as its for a wider car. My thoughts are you would be better off making a custom one yourself from drain pipe, that way you can control exactly where the air comes and the route it takes. Ill pm you anyway to save loads of thread updates

Okay that's sounds like a better idea,
I'll just buy one of them universal intake pipes off eBay. And so yeah, if you could get postage quotes on the weekend for just the Airbox then, that would be brill!

LiamC

I've ruined my car ?
Also any idea what the diameter of the hole in the box is? I presume 76mm ish?

I was thinking along the lines of gutter downpipe from your local hardware, be a lot cheaper and you can say you did it yourself. Thats my plan anyway. Not sure on the hole size, I did know and found b+q gutter pipe to be the best match. Also Im sure you already know but you will need to drop your carbon canister down a few inches to clear the bigger airbox

I've posted one with the flexi hose still attached, go to your supermarket and blag a suitable box.
The postage is quite cheap as there is no weight in it.....about £12 I think I paid.

I've posted one with the flexi hose still attached, go to your supermarket and blag a suitable box.
The postage is quite cheap as there is no weight in it.....about £12 I think I paid.

I see what you mean, but the thing is I think I'd rather get some flexible hosing which I can route towards the front part of the car (near the horn for example) to ram the air in from the front, because I presume the intake pipe of the GA16 Airbox also takes air in from behind the battery and that's not what I actually want, so I don't actually even want the intake piping that comes along with the Airbox anymore

Thanks very much for the help though!

LiamC

I've ruined my car ?
I see what you mean, but the thing is I think I'd rather get some flexible hosing which I can route towards the front part of the car (near the horn for example) to ram the air in from the front, because I presume the intake pipe of the GA16 Airbox also takes air in from behind the battery and that's not what I actually want, so I don't actually even want the intake piping that comes along with the Airbox anymore

Thanks very much for the help though!

Ill be honest and say unless you plan on going about 200 mph you wont have any bit of ram effect, its a small NA engine and will only use as much as it wants to unless you force it in (turbo/supercharger). What you want is cold clean (not from engine bay) air, and behind the headlight is a fine place for all this I think

Ill be honest and say unless you plan on going about 200 mph you wont have any bit of ram effect, its a small NA engine and will only use as much as it wants to unless you force it in (turbo/supercharger). What you want is cold clean (not from engine bay) air, and behind the headlight is a fine place for all this I think

Makes sense. I'll stick with the behind battery location then