GA16 190mm clutch

Enuo

Glorified Electrician
Hi everyone, I did a bit of research on this and I found a few threads alluding that the 190mm GA16 friction plate fits with chamfering, but the GA14 clutch cover doesn't fit over the 190mm friction plate so the GA16 one has to be used (new pcd drilling). Does anyone know if there is clearance or if the GA16 cover plates needs any mods to fit? I got a GA16 clutch sitting here and a clutch that needs changing ;)

GA14 are 180mm eh andy, same as CG13, and re-drilling would need to be very accurate and doweled too
It's the GA16 cover plate I want to use. And as far as machining is concerned, I'll get the toolroom at work to do it for me. Got a big fancy Genevoise (swiss!) jig borer that has redrilled many a flywheel in the past :)

Apparently so as it's the same spline diameter etc. But surely if the splines are the same I could use the GA16 release bearing if they're not

But I should still be able to use the GA release bearing though right? I'm thinking worst comes to worst I have to modify the clutch release arm/fork (dunno the proper name for it lol)

But I should still be able to use the GA release bearing though right? I'm thinking worst comes to worst I have to modify the clutch release arm/fork (dunno the proper name for it lol)
yes as long as it fits the CG boss and fork eh :)

Right, I guess I need to get my spare engine and gb apart and have a play.
But yeah, any idea on pressure plate mods?

the centre hole/fingers on the QG are huge iirc, but that might just be because of the concentric hydraulic thrust bearing eh

But I should still be able to use the GA release bearing though right?
Just take the cg fork off and put the ga fork on? Would that not be easier than modifying one?
I used a ga clutch release fork on an ma gearbox because mine snapped in 2... only one I've ever seen break too

Chances are if the splines are the same the shaft will be the same

Just take the cg fork off and put the ga fork on? Would that not be easier than modifying one?
I used a ga clutch release fork on an ma gearbox because mine snapped in 2... only one I've ever seen break too

Chances are if the splines are the same the shaft will be the same
We'll see, I'd rather not write off the GA gearbox by taking the fork as its worth a few quid as a working unit eh, done 70k miles so a fair bit of life left in it

We'll see, I'd rather not write off the GA gearbox by taking the fork as its worth a few quid as a working unit eh, done 70k miles so a fair bit of life left in it
Its only 2 roll pins to pop out and slide off.
Not a big issue to replace wouldn't say your writing off the entire box

Although to solve the cg or ga bearing issue now... I'll measure you the size of the ga bearing
Or clutch plate?

Still need to drill a new PCD in the flywheel for the cover though, unless the fricton plate fits under the CG cover plate with some chamfering as was alluded could be done with tye GA14 cover plate (which matches cg cover plate pcd)

Even if PCD is different, it suggests it might be possible for a QG15 fw and clutch to be fitted to a CGA as a cheap clutch upgrade :)

I wonder if the QG15 cover plate is direct fit to the CG flywheel? (Long shot, different flywheels eh)
no, coilpack type f/w, and i re-drilled a preface 1.0 f/w, and used an unknown pressure plate that had a 200mm face and small dia diaphragm fingers ( pics on my cisco blog somewhere)

here,s my QG15 clutch andy, you can see what i mean about the finger dia/thrust bearing dia (nissan4u ??)
preface 1.0 on the top, CG13 left, QG 200mm the other 2, and different pcd on all 3

P1110374.JPG

Back