GA15DE into K11....

Hi folks, I didnt mention before but i work in a car scrapping yard, and it seems to me that a GA15 engine from an N15 would be my best bang for $$$ swap with minimal effort ..... is this common? and do i use the GA15 gearbox and axles etc?

anything i need watch for?

cheers

Last edited:
TYI6DTn.gif

dibble

LiamC

I've ruined my car ?
Hi folks, I didnt mention before butbi work in a car scrapping yard, and it seems to me that a GA15 engine from an N15 would be my best bang for $$$ swap with minimal effort ..... is this common? and do i use the GA15 gearbox and axles etc?

cheers
Why not a ga16? Only pulsars got the ga15 as far as I know, so unless you live somewhere with only Japanese imports then find an almera/Primera of a similar age

Sent from my LG K11+ (yes I did buy the phone specifically to have a K11 phone, I'm that sad)

Why not a ga16? Only pulsars got the ga15 as far as I know, so unless you live somewhere with only Japanese imports

yep pretty much, im in new zealand, we usually only have jap imports to choose from. i have 2 pulsars here N15 with Manual GA15dDEs both runners. i would go GA16 if we had an N14 Q turn up...

For a GA16DE in to a k11 you only need to think about the engine side mount, removing some chassis and welding it up there again and the wiring of the engine loom from a GA16DE to a k11 wiring. You need to consider using the stock Micra radiator over the GA16DE one. Also the air filter needs to be custom but that is really easy. The rest is plug and play. Can share pictures if you like. It drives like mad.

LiamC

I've ruined my car ?
yep pretty much, im in new zealand, we usually only have jap imports to choose from. i have 2 pulsars here N15 with Manual GA15dDEs both runners. i would go GA16 if we had an N14 Q turn up...
OK similar to Ireland so where it is full of random jap cars here owned by random people (I saw a mugen Honda stream with car seats in the back that someone obviously had no idea what they really owned)

Sent from my LG K11+ (yes I did buy the phone specifically to have a K11 phone, I'm that sad)

For a GA16DE in to a k11 you only need to think about the engine side mount, removing some chassis and welding it up there again and the wiring of the engine loom from a GA16DE to a k11 wiring. You need to consider using the stock Micra radiator over the GA16DE one. Also the air filter needs to be custom but that is really easy. The rest is plug and play. Can share pictures if you like. It drives like mad.
Don't notch the chassis... Better of with electric water pump, and a ga16 airbox is the same as the 14 , cause I'm running one, and afew others are running them , on CG or GA powered micras
1.3 or auto rad , before possible custom or honda alloy one,

Sent from my moto g(6) using Micra Sports Club mobile app

Don't notch the chassis... Better of with electric water pump, and a ga16 airbox is the same as the 14 , cause I'm running one, and afew others are running them , on CG or GA powered micras
1.3 or auto rad , before possible custom or honda alloy one,

Sent from my moto g(6) using Micra Sports Club mobile app
all sounds pretty good....i actually have an alloy Civic half radiator at home just because.... ive somewhat fixed my car for now, took out fuel filter and cleaned out....the fuel was dark grey and murky as? car runs way better now, even had it up to around 155kmh comong to work....just takes days to get to that speed?

OK similar to Ireland so where it is full of random jap cars here owned by random people (I saw a mugen Honda stream with car seats in the back that someone obviously had no idea what they really owned)

you guys should see the **** we get here. so many random models. Autech nissans everywhere.