Fuse box realating to nearside headlamp

Was checking my car (K11, pre-facelift) over before it's MOT next week and noticed the nearside headlamp was out, changed the bulb, still not working, so checked the fuse box- see pics! :eek: I managed to remove the fuse, and replaced it but this has not solved the problem, think the fuse box might be passed it! Or possibly a short elsewhere, any suggestions, is this a DIY repair, or has anyone any ideas of how much this will cost me? Thanks!

Attachments

• DSCF1414.JPG
    DSCF1414.JPG
    73.8 KB · Views: 571
  • DSCF1415.JPG
    DSCF1415.JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 502
  • DSCF1412.JPG
    DSCF1412.JPG
    67.9 KB · Views: 573

frank

Club Member
thats pretty common, either a melted bulb connector or melted fuse holder (often caused by fitting those damned 100w bulbs :suspect:)
you have to cut the wires underneath and wire in an inline fuse

Sorted! Checked the bulbs and they were not 100w ones, changed them just to be on the safe side though.
Used a mini blade fuse holder, and managed to fit it inside the box, so at least its tidy, ended up using a spade connector into the fuse holder as there was only one wire which fed all of the fuses on that row, fortunately that side of the fuse holder was okay!
Cheers again Frank! :grinning:

joshbl

Site Supporter
I had exactly the same, but my nearside bulb was working perfectly fine.....weird

Attachments

• IMG_0335.JPG
    IMG_0335.JPG
    738.3 KB · Views: 725