Fully adjustable 5 link rear.

Fully adjustable 5 link rear. Look see

I'm looking at doing a fully adjustable kit for the rear of the micra.

I have a kit done for a mate pic's below.
20090423_4.jpg

20090423_7.jpg

20090423_8.jpg

The links are made from 6061-T6 alloy and the rose joints are 7075-T6 alloy
This kit came in at 1.1kg with everything you see.

The advantages are.
1. All made from alloy so hugh weight saving.
2. Will not corrode on english road.
3. Fully adjustable to suit you setup requirements.
4. Easy to install as everything comes with the kit.

I'm gauging interest to see how many people want these.
Price wise were looking at around the £200-250 mark for the whole kit

I assume you have done a load analysis on this before manufacture to ensure it meets the load bearing properties of the OEM steel arms as a minimum requirement?

Yes they where done on solidworks and stress analysis done. been on my mates car 5 months now with not one problem.

A safe factor has been built into them

whats so adjustable about these
by the looks of it you can only adjust the lenth by unscrewing the rose joint 15mm each end
if your droping the car by 50mm the panhard rod will need shortening witch by the looks of it is not possable
also how do the rose joints that are not very wide sit in the 1" gap that the rubber bush leaves

whats so adjustable about these
by the looks of it you can only adjust the lenth by unscrewing the rose joint 15mm each end
if your droping the car by 50mm the panhard rod will need shortening witch by the looks of it is not possable
also how do the rose joints that are not very wide sit in the 1" gap that the rubber bush leaves

You clearly don't know about rose jointed suspension if you are asking these questions, but will answer them to put your mind at rest

1. the panrod will be designed to fit lowered cars as i have done for my mates car.
2. Top hats are used in the rose joints for the space you can clearly see them in the pic's above for the other kit i did.
3. you will have well enough adjustment on the links to suit your setup of the car.

Niiice ones! I done somes for my jeep but never thought about apply it to the micra.

Yes they where done on solidworks and stress analysis done. been on my mates car 5 months now with not one problem.

A safe factor has been built into them

No wearing due to the vibrations? No protection against water/mud? No harsh ride?

I use a mix of these (polyurethane races):
ce9112sp-200x200.jpg

And these at the axle, so I avoid vibrations and failure due to water:
d_5409-01-200.jpg

Notice that they're huge for that application.

Back