Fuelling faff !!

Has anyone massively faffed around with the fuelling system ? I've got a Pao with a 1.0 engine that had been stood for quite a few years. So i've drained the tank and lines of old petrol, fitted new in line filters and pump, but when i crank the engine its taken ages to get any fuel up from the tank to the in line filter on the bulkhead, ive still not managed to get any into the pump yet (had the exit line off so i can see when it gets there) does this system need to be primed ? For example use a syringe to fill up the filter, pump and fuel lines all the way up to the carb to see if that will work ? how much should it be pumping when I'm cranking the engine because its not doing much at the minute !?!

love ? its powered by love !?! I will give it a kiss and snuggle when i get home and see if that works.

kidding !! i had started to think the same thing. I think my next job will be to take the new pump off and try the old one and see if that makes any difference and i can check the cam lobes while its off. Hopefully its not that because i imagine that will cause me a flippin nightmare !!