Fuel rail blew off!

Hi,

Just looking for some advice please.

Recently changed an injector due to getting a misfire on cylinder 4. Everything went smooth, then drove the car after and no more misfire code. Also noticed somehwat that the rail wasn't fully secured in place. So I made sure to tighten everything up properly, so that the rail couldn't be moved by a little bit of hand force!

However, today, while driving, lost all power and ground to a halt. It turns out one of the fuel rail retaining nuts has been ripped off the thread and so the fuel rail popped off on one side.

The threads on the nut is fine, but the thread of the hole in the inlet manifold where the nut goes into, is damaged. So I need to retap it.

2 questions:
1. is the inlet mani made of aluminium, hence the steel nut threads didnt get damaged but the inlet mani threads did?
2. i installed a 4 bar in rail fpr (looks like for like to original but 1 bar higher), could this higher pressure have caused the rail to pop off?

I'd imagine a lot of force was required to rip the threads and pop the rail off

there is no pressure in the manifold unless you have a turbo
so it probably just vibrated off because the threads were stripped

ah right i see

i thought the pressure in the rail would cause the injectors push away from the rail. could this also be a possibility or nah?

I figured out what causing the rail to blow off the injectors.

Forgive me for my stupidity people, but I am sharing this so no one makes this mistake in the future, although I don't think anyone will!

But basically, I had the injector retaining clips for the cylinder 1 and cylinder 2 injectors on upside down, so the cyl1 and cyl2 injectors weren't in the rail properly. Hence, a slight bit of fuel pressure was enough to push the rail off the injectors on cylinder 1 and 2. This explains why rail was still intact and fully secured onto the injectors on cylinder 3 and 4, it only slipped off the injectors on one side!

So make sure your clips are the right way around people!