fuel gauge

Hi All, I have just noticed that the fuel gauge is not working properly, as when I turn off the engine the needle should move to the bottom which it doesn't, I put more fuel in to test the sender which must be working as the needle moved up to full. So is the fault the gauge or something else? Also one of the back light bulbs behind the dashboard are not working as it should allow me to see the speed on the speedo at night. As I have never removed the dashboard on a 1998 K11 is it easy or should I employ my mechanic .

yours Peter0003

Gauges are 2 screws (1 left And 1 right of the steering wheel) then take off the cover And remove the 3 screws holding the gauges. You can pull then forward And remove the plug. Then Its easy to change bulbs. The fuel gauge problem can be a sticky gauge. When disconnected ir should drop down. You can feel If iT sticks If you remove the front after youve taken our the whole cluster

Hi All, I have not taken off the dashboard gauges yet mainly because I don't know what bulbs are needed? And have found that the fuel sender is at fault, where can I buy one new instead of used , I have nothing against some used parts but a part that has been in the fuel tank all its life may be fauling so why buy a s/hand one just to replace it again later. Peter0003

Back