• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Fuel filter, brake fluid change - K12 - is it necessary?

I haven't changed the fuel filter or done a brake fluid change in 10 years of owning this car.

It works perfectly well, but is this advisable?

Has anyone changed the fuel filter? I'd appreciate some tips on dong this - can I just swap them over?

Thank you

... Has anyone changed the fuel filter? I'd appreciate some tips on dong this - can I just swap them over? ...
Check YouTube, you will find guidance, how to change fuel filter.

Yes, changing brake fluid is necessary, like plmval says above.
Lazy blokes brake fluid change: get 1dl syringe from pharmacy, fill it up from brake reserve. Discharge used old brake fluid to appropriate container. Top brake reserve with fresh fluid. Drive and brake for few days and repeat procedure few times, untill fluid in reserve is clear.

Last edited:
Thank you, that's interesting, is the lazy bloke's brake fluid change just as effective as having it done by a mechanic?

Thanks

Thank you, that's interesting, is the lazy bloke's brake fluid change just as effective as having it done by a mechanic?

Thanks
NO.

ABS equiped vehicles need the brake fluid flushed out & replaced as per service schedule.

Simple replacing brake fluid & DIY bleeding brakes is fully explained in the Haynes manual.

Get a more knowledgeable mate to help, save your hard earned money, read up & learn a new life long skill that will reward you for the rest of your driving life.

Proper flush and change of brake fluid is best option, DIY or by garage!

"Lazy bloke"s chance will change fluid when repeated multiple times. WARNING: causes premature wear to brakes & tires when done properly.