Fuel efficiency

Hi. I'm using Micra K11 + E10 (95). Now I see fuel usage and usually light warning show up about 310 miles. This mean I'm using about 40L of petrol for driving 310 miles. It's not too high? 40L = 8.8 gslons / 310 miles = 35.22mpg average petrol consumption. What I should check to fix this consumption?
20220414_060524.jpg
20220330_061629.jpg

Sent from my SM-F907B using Micra Sports Club mobile app

Last edited:
Hypermiling.

The driver’s skill and techniques can cut fuel consumption by up to 25% for any given journey.

I easily achieve over 50 mpg ordinarily for runabout use with my bog standard 25 year old K11 1300cc Micra.

Hypermiling can be applied by any driver prepared to research, learn & apply the principles without any need to spend & waste unnecessary money buying more cars or tat gadgets.

1) Reference: PressReader.com - Digital Newspaper & Magazine Subscriptions

2) Reference: Hypermiling: what is it and how do you do it? | carwow

3) References; hypermiling at DuckDuckGo

As always, do your own research to enhance lifelong skills & in this case enjoy your motoring reducing fuel consumption & therefore environmental fumes pollution for every mile you drive.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M
My 97 1ltr preface gets 45mpg constantly to a point can guarantee 5ltrs is 50miles maybe +10%
But thats feom flat out to Gental
Best was 55mpg
1.3 gx same
My 1.3 inspiration was 42 but was much heavier in how I drove it

Sent from my LM-Q630 using Micra Sports Club mobile app
You forgot to tell about rims and tyres size. I reach 55 mpg on motorway with 14" rims and tyres 165/65 R14. Now I change tyres to 175/65 R14 which one is higher and wider than old ones. Now I feel like car is have very slow acceleration so this probably will drop mpg efficiency. I can't make a test again because my Micra fail MOT.