Fuel & Brake Lines - In or Out

Hope someone can help me make my mind up. I was going to bring my Fuel & Brake lines inside for my stage rally car, but it seems by looking at a lot of rally cars on the forum most of you are leaving them out. Am I correct and if so are you making covers off the chassis rails! Or am I wrong and are most of you traditionally bringing them inside?

Would welcome feedback

Regards
Sharman

I would be worried that I couldn't keep an eye on their condition hidden behind steel plates, and brake line isn't THAT expensive, nor is a flaring tool. I would do inside as Andy has, its a good excuse to fit an adjustable front/rear bias valve at the same time which will help you get the car spot on :)

Thanks both

Its good to hear arguments for both, will have to make my mind up soon and if I do go inside I will need to find a cheap supplier of the stainless steel braided hose for the fuel lines.

Never comes cheap that stuff. Cheapest way to do it (but by no means skimping on safety) is to get a reel of copper pipe (£20) and 2 metres of normal rubber hose and the buy the steel overbraiding separate.
I've got a guide on how to fit a hydraulic handbrake (albeit half done) that shows the running of brake lines inside the car

Back