Front Wiper Nuts won't loosen

Hi Guys,

The linkage appears to have gone on my Micra (I can hear the motor go when I put the wipers on but the wipers don't move, they're pretty loose to move, although they will only go up about half way up the screen then stick). I've removed the wiper dust covers and tried to loosen the holding nut will just not loosen. I've sprayed them with WD40 but it's made no difference the nut's just won't move at all. All that happens is I end up dragging the wipers half way up the screen. Both nuts on the drivers and passenger side will just not budge. I know most people have issues getting the wipers themselves off but I'm struggling to get that far. Any suggestions appreciated. I'm using a 14mm fitting with a wrench but it just won't budge.

Any help much appreciated. Thanks.

Hold the wipers in place against then top of the bonnet and turn the nut( don't force it to much though)..........should release especially if you have blasted it with WD40. If not try getting an extra bit of leverage on it,breaker bar or another spanner in the cut of the original spanners free side.

Sent from my MYA-L11 using Tapatalk

Cheers. I managed to get that bit of extra leverage and get the nut's loosened. The wiper arms though would just not budge. I guess 9 years of being on there is going to leave them pretty welded on. I've given up and taken it to the garage to see what they make of it. I've already got the linkage so they shouldn't charge too much to fit (I hope). once again cheers for your help.

Back