Front wheel bearing and brake problem, help please

Happy Chap

Ex. Club Member
Hi guys
I had four new tyres fitted and asked for the wheel alignment to be checked, unfortunately the drivers side wheel bearing is shot so unable to align, passenger side fine.

I am looking at replacing with s/h part have a 2001 1.0 hub on ebay for 15.00, will that fit my 1.3 june 1998 car?
I did ring but the guy wasn't sure.
I am thinking of buying a new wishbone and track rod end 34.00 total so that I can just cut the track rod end and lower ball joint off? As I have minimal tools is it possible to fit a new bearing myself? As I will have to get the tracking done would it be a good idea to replace both.

Also the other day whilst turning around in the drive the brake pedal was suddenly soft then back to normal I am not losing fluid, which is only 1 year old. I bled the brakes and still the same problem. I know what it feels like when the servo fails, brake pedal very hard but not a lot of braking so I have concluded the master cylinder seals are leaking. I have again sourced from ebay but is it difficult to fit a repair kit?

Thanks guys

frank

Club Member
if the bearing has gone then that will probably be the cause of the long brake pedal, and the hub should be the same (bar abs)

OP
OP
Happy Chap

Happy Chap

Ex. Club Member
if the bearing has gone then that will probably be the cause of the long brake pedal, and the hub should be the same (bar abs)
Thanks Frank yes sorry no abs
the brakes were fine and only occasionally mainly at very slow speed the pedal just soft then back to normal although seemed to be getting worse so have stopped using the car until I can fix it.
I wasn't very clear I meant to say cut off and replace both track rod ends.