Front Suspension

after finishing the NW Stages a week ago I stripped the suspension off the car and found one of my front Adjustable AVO struts has bent and the other isn't damping well . I am sending these back to AVO to see if they can salvage anything and build them up again .
Question is what alternatives are there and is there anything I can buy Cheap as spares should I need them again in the future ? .
Thanks

Get the uprated Forest spect Spax shocks, we ripped apart the standard ones, but the forest ones... well something else like wishbones break....
The new strengthened polybushed wishbones were mint , How do the forest spec shocks go on Tarmac Matt ? I presume that's with Tarmac springs ?

pollyp

Club Member
Get the uprated Forest spect Spax shocks, we ripped apart the standard ones, but the forest ones... well something else like wishbones break....

note: I find the wishbone rear pin has a weak spot or prone to bad weld cracking especially under heavy braking with big pulsar brakes & sticky tyres on hot smooth tarmac. snapped two wishbones me

dsc01289-jpg.43802

dsc01292-jpg.43831

I filled up all the gaps with weld to bulk it up & fillet any sharp voids

dsc01350-jpg.43899

also remove & fully rubber grease the front bush & rear pin to prevent them binding/twisting