Front Splitter Fitted

Andy_S

I Love Booooooost!
Club Member
Well i hope ive done a good job as its first attempt.

Thing is now.. Its lowered 70mm all round and with that splitter on it sits 3 and a 1/4 inch off the floor.. In terms of how high..... erm Cant get over A Speed bump without it scraping the floor :s Time to fit the rear one soon :)

oh btw the yellow mirrors are being sprayed :) and that hole in the grill is temp.. In fact i fooked that one up. Anyone got one already done :D lol

Attachments

• front.JPG
    front.JPG
    79.9 KB · Views: 392
  • low.JPG
    low.JPG
    99.5 KB · Views: 418
  • side.JPG
    side.JPG
    135.8 KB · Views: 428

goldstar0011

Ex. Club Member
Dusks car is lowered 50-60 and his almost on the floor.

As for splitter, gotta be honest but it looks nasty, that splitter suits the rear bumper and beacuse you've had to fit upside down it's looking silly especially as the sides and rear aren't as low as the front.

Thats just an honest opinion and not meant as a "dig" or anything

Zephyr

Ex. Club Member
it doesnt look 70mm to me either ive attached a piccy with 50mm power coil springs also i got 16's but with low profile tyres(195/40/16) but if i put steelies with std tyres(something liek 165/55/14) they almost touch the wheel arch bit
also with rear i could put it lower but it start rubbing on every little bump so ive set it to just sit in the wheel arch
(do u have uprated shocks?)

Attachments

• DSC00035.JPG
    DSC00035.JPG
    507.6 KB · Views: 333
OP
OP
Andy_S

Andy_S

I Love Booooooost!
Club Member
well its on 15" Alloys low profile tyres and the rear wheel sits in the arch so dunno then if it aint 70mm. The front is higher than rear for some reason. If i have 1 person avg 10 stone its bottomming out. On Standard Shocks too.

OP
OP
Andy_S

Andy_S

I Love Booooooost!
Club Member
goldstar0011 said:
Hope you didn't take offence, I love the splitter and reckon it'd look 100% better on rear and flipped

Just means ive gotta cut out a groove for the exhaust to go.

was a pain in the arse fitting that as i took the front bumper off to do that and using a 10mm spanner takes time as it aint a rachet one as a ratchet wouldnt fit in behing the headlights lol. I flipped the splitter the other way but didnt look right so i was convinced that was the correct way. Looks like i was wrong :(

umm Andy didn't you buy your springs from a dude on the msc, who himself got them from the powercoil groupbuy?? IF SO, then yeh it aint a 70mm drop, and you've been mislead cos regardless of what drops everyone ordered, 60mm 70mm or woteva, we all ended up gettin the same drop, approx at 50mm.

B

benmicrasr

I think it will look better on the back imo but quite a few have got it on the back so your micra is different, its what you think that matters!

Alienfish360

Awesome Dawson
I think there's a misunderstanding. I think the actual height may only be lowered 40mm or whatever, but I think he's account for say 20mm or 30mm for the height of splitter the front is sitting 70mm lower than normal.

OP
OP
Andy_S

Andy_S

I Love Booooooost!
Club Member
well front end is 3 and a 1/4 Inch off the floor because of the splitter and the rear is 9" and a bit off the floor.

Anyway when im in the micra the back wheels are in the arches so dont bother me haha :)

OP
OP
Andy_S

Andy_S

I Love Booooooost!
Club Member
lmao well it only goes down a tiny bit but it does go in the arches. And when i have one person in the back its half the tyre depth is in :) will get some more pics up soon when ive washed it as its dirtier than a slag! :eek:

Zephyr

Ex. Club Member
this is the car sat on a pretty steep hill but the same effect when there is 2 or more ppl in back i have to crawl around at 0.5mph to get over any kinda speed bump lol its so stoopid but looks good lol

Attachments

• DSC00098.JPG
    DSC00098.JPG
    506.3 KB · Views: 294
M

MicraModz

Andy_s what model did you get your splitter from as im looking for one for the back of my micra. I bought one but it is slighty different as you can see in the picture below. It looks better on the front so im looking for the one you have got to go on the back.

Picture 001.jpg

As far as checking the drop the springs gave you why dont you compare it to a standard micra?? Measure the distance between the centre of the hub to the lowest point on the wheel arch directly above. same positions on both vehicles

kristian

One Way Mule
Andy's car is lower than Dusks, More so at the rear.

Dusks are 60 mm... This is how I came to conclude that mine, Which are now andies are 70mm ish..

OP
OP
Andy_S

Andy_S

I Love Booooooost!
Club Member
i need lower at back lol looks too high now because of the front splitter on the front bumper.

OP
OP
Andy_S

Andy_S

I Love Booooooost!
Club Member
well i decided to mount it on rear bumper as rear is a bit higher :(

looks better on rear imo :)

Attachments

• DSC00110.JPG
    DSC00110.JPG
    281.8 KB · Views: 271
  • DSC00109.JPG
    DSC00109.JPG
    355.7 KB · Views: 289
OP
OP
Andy_S

Andy_S

I Love Booooooost!
Club Member
well kristian has told me he can spray it for me and ill prob get it all smoothed in yeh :) still i had to bend one side in (by cutting a v shape out the bumper bottom) and they force screw it to the bumper with some tex bolts hehe Looks better on back but not as low. But i can get over speed bumps easier now lmao!

micra man

Golf GTi Turbo
I'm sure all of the group buy powercoil ones were the same and were a 50mm drop. My mate just had his fitted last week and they are a 50 drop and it looks identical to yours both front and back so would guess it was 50. :) As for the splitter, looks better on the back, just gotta find one for the front now lol. Good work. :)