Front passenger seat belt....

SplanK

Site Supporter
Seems as though Nissan decided to really scrimp in some of its K13's!

Its the first car in a LONG time we have owned not to have height adjustment on the seatbelt, so I thought maybe the seat itself was height adjusted. Drivers side is, but passenger side is fixed height.

This is causing a problem for my wife when she is a passenger, and I suspect many other people. She is not exactly short, but at 5ft 5, the belt cuts across her neck slightly so could be extremely dangerous in the event of a crash. I note in the handbook it does state there are models that do come with height adjustment, BUT only where fitted. Surely these days it should be a standard fitment across the range!

I'm ready to walk into Nissan and say WTF its not fit for purpose and dangerous, but surely there must be a safe way to use these non height adjustment belts?

This might sound rude...

Can't you get those adjusters for kids? Not sure what they're called but I'm sure I've seen something that attaches the chest part of the belt to the lap part

OP
OP
S

SplanK

Site Supporter
This might sound rude...

Can't you get those adjusters for kids? Not sure what they're called but I'm sure I've seen something that attaches the chest part of the belt to the lap part

Thanks, I was hoping to avoid having to get belt adjusters like this and with active belt tensioner system in the event of an impact, it could impeed the operation, I just find it odd that in this day in age that these things are not standard across all models rather than "where fitted"! IMHO, without this the belt becomes very dangerous as it crosses the neck.

We did try adjusting the seat forward to see if that would help, but it didnt.

when they told you get k13 you should of gues'd they ment get a k10 or k11

eh?!?!

Would I be correct in saying the hight adjuster (as with the K12) is simply part of the B-pillar trim?
...in which case could you not simply get a replacement B-pillar from a scrapped/breaking K13?...off ebay even?

My sport + (K12) doesn't have them either...but most of my family are tall...although saying that, my mum hasn't had a problem and she's only 5"2,
I guess the seat in the K13 is lower?
My mum's SVE has got adjusters, built in to the pillar trim ;)

I get what you're saying though...it seems very strange that even in this day and age, of all the mod-cons, it isn't standard equipment ^_^
I mean it's surprising how late in the day a CD player became standard (over a tape deck) LOL

...eh?!?!
...don't worry...I don't understand R-Reg sometimes either LOL