Front negative camber

What are the alternatives to buying camber bolts? I read something about using M8 top bolts and grinding the hole on the shocks and using stock bolts. I want to know how much to grind off to get lets say 1degree of camber and how much do M8 bolts give?

I believe m8's will give you around the same as camber bolts so approx 1.5 degrees, if you slot the top hole you'd need to get it in a straight level line

frank

Club Member
m8,s wont be man enough surely :eek: members have fitted m10,s apparently, but slotting is a safer option imo (and a 2mm slot is plenty)

Daniel

I WILL be back...
I know for some people, modifying standard parts is cheaper than buying aftermarket - but don't Eibach make camber spacers?

noo camber bolts dan i have some but there expensive and a pain to set up!

chop chop!

weld weld!

gives the best camber running on the inner side walls! :p

Daniel

I WILL be back...
cheap and/but very safe/secure

I've not seen the results myself, but it'll be interesting to see how it turns out, as I'll be having wider wheels on the next Micra, so negative camber is going to be a must :laugh:. Just be good to see different methods (Y)

car on left has m8 in tio hole, left is stock. nice comparison

20110110_001.jpg

OP
OP
A
Thank you all for your advice. I just found out that there will be no more track days for me this year so im not in a hurry to do this. Might save up for camber bolts over the winter :)

Airmike if you want some of these camber bolts let us know as we have a set that we only fitted on a trial fit and then decided not to use so as good as new. I don't ever envisage us using these again so drop me a PM if you want them.