Front engine mount

Suze

Club Member (Trial)
Anybody recommend a supplier and how much am I looking at spending here.....?? Would rather get a new one then a second hand one but if cost is high will have to be the cheaper option.

I couldn't find anything on buypartsby or expressautosparts or whatever it's called that have used before. A friend works for blueprint so have dropped him a line but if anybody knows of anywhere else it'd be appreciated please!

TONEY

Ex. Club Member
are you after the mount or the bush (rubber part)

try mat humphris on 01865 748000
he should be able to supply OME or nismo front mount

nismo mount is 28.00

whats happened to the old one??

its more of a stabilizer than a engine mount

i will check tomorrow if i have one layin about

OP
OP
Suze

Suze

Club Member (Trial)
cheers Toney, sorry posted in my blog but now sorted through Matt, gone for the Nismo part. It needs replacing as jumping out of 1st, result of the stresses it's being put through competing!

frank

Club Member
suze

i doubt the front mount will stop the engine from kicking, and may not cure it from jumping out of 1st gear

OP
OP
Suze

Suze

Club Member (Trial)
it is very, very loose, never had this problem throughout the whole championship last year - this happened when autotesting this week and only on the very bumpy stuff. Am going to change this, check other mounts and see what happens, doing mounts has creeped onto the to do list anyway!

frank

Club Member
suze

my fingers are crossed for you :laugh: , but that mount has a lot of give and is held in a very feeble nylon suround

OP
OP
Suze

Suze

Club Member (Trial)
It isn't jumping out on normal road driving Frank - it's when autotesting [competing in a field in basic terms!] and driving over big ruts when accelerating that's causing problems. Holding the gear in isn't an option as need left hand to operate handbrake too!

frank

Club Member
hmm, good point toney, if you take the front one off nowt happens, but take the rear one off, and the back of the engine drops about 4" eh !

OP
OP
Suze

Suze

Club Member (Trial)
now changed, shall see how it holds up on Thursday night. Definitely a lot less movement with new mount.

OP
OP
Suze

Suze

Club Member (Trial)
Well the front mount is definitely an improvement and needed replacing but it still jumped out of gear a few times last night on the really bumpy stuff whilst autotesting. Not as much as before, but still it happened.

Will look at changing the rear mount as well now. I tried to replicate the problem by going over speed bumps at 30 in first last night but haven't been able to make the same issue appear again, it's only happening on the really rutted bits of the field.