Front Disc Thickness

Hi guys,

Does anyone know what thickness a front brake disc is expected for a K11 facelift ('99 T reg)? I need to replace mine and was looking at vented discs, but there seems to be some confusion over the thickness the caliper can take. Some motor factors are saying 7mm, some 12mm and others 18mm etc. Is there a range in which the caliper can take, or does it have to be a specific thickness?

Hi Stuartwood89,
If you have solid discs on the car, then the thickness of the discs need to be 12mm. If you have vented discs, then it will be 18mm.
I do not know if you can 'upgrade' from solid discs to vented discs on your car - if you can, then you will need to change, at least, the calipers to the vented type.
Why do you want to change ?
Graeme

It seems a lot of faffing about for an upgrade from which you will probably not benefit [unless you are intending to race/rally it].
Euro car parts sell solid discs for £10.33 each....

OP
OP
cgten
Yeah I won't bother if it requires changing out calipers. It's only because some vented discs came up real cheap from a friend. Wouldn't bother otherwise.

Hi Stuart yes it does involve changing the callipers as well, I changed my 2002 1.4 SE from solid discs to ventilated discs but I "robbed" them and the wider callipers from my 2002 SE+ donor car! :)

Andy :D