Friendly local with a 1.2 K12?

Hi guys and girls.
Be gentle with me, as I'm new on here, and this is my first post.

I'm an auto spark based in SE Wales (near Abergavenny /Usk area). We (me and my partner) recently bought a K12 1240cc on a 53 plate with a reportedly dodgy cam sensor. It would start sometimes and not others. Fault codes showed cam sensor, so that's quite easy we thought (Famous last words), and off we went.
After changing the cam sensor, the issue was the same, and progressively got worse and worse. Still no fault codes.
We examined the signal trace from both the cam and the crank sensor, and both signals are strong, but despite this, there is no spark, or fuel injection signal. (or fault code).
After much deliberating, we removed the engine, and changed the timing chain, on the assumption that stretch in the timing chain was causing unacceptable timing difference between the 2 sensors (cam and crank) and that would sort it. In fact the chain was stretched way past the ability of the tensioner to maintain tension, so this was not a bad call. But when it went back together, the situation was worse, and the car won't start at all. There are no other obvious issues. We used the correct timing pins to reassemble, so it should have been OK.

So to the favour.

I'm wondering if someone has a similar age K12, with the same engine that's running fine. What I would like to do is record the phase difference between the cam and crank sensor on idle, and compare this to my car. If the timing is not out, I can eliminate this as a cause. It won't damage the car at all, and there is precious little disassembly (engine cover off, and that's about it)
In return I can offer an entertaining half hour or so looking at the phase difference, and I'm happy to do some explaining, and I'm more than happy to publish the data for others to look at - I'll even cover the cost of your fuel, and donate a cup of tea and a biscuit to the lucky recipient.

Any takers? (please).
Thanks all.

Back