Franks k11 blog

well I've tried and tried to view franks blog and had no joy lol. Any help or pointers appreciated.
Basically I am going to build a high comp 1.3 and just need some pointers ie cams etc.
Many thanks as always peeps

Thanks sir but I was more wanting ( or maybe hoping haha ) to browse your step by step build blog
I'm pretty much set and familiar with 1.3 rods 1.0 Pistons , head skim etc. My main stumbling block is which cams ? I've been in touch with autosprint and been asked what profile I want , and that's where the conversation ended hahaha.

Oh okey doke. Out of interest would autosprint need my 1.3 cams to reprofile or are they ready made ? And if I said I want 649's would they know what I'm on about lol. Many thanks as always sir

i dont think he has a template for 649,s tbh, here,s a 544 profile he did (was pretty wild)

40731.jpg

and here,s a 300 deg race cam

75713.jpg

Mmmmmm they will be used on the Tarmac so with the mods mentioned what would be the optimum in your opinion sir ? And I don't suppose you've any that are up for grabs ( creep creep lol ) or know where to get them hehe.

race cams rarely appear mate, getting geoff to grind yours to that 544 profile would probably be the cheapest and easiest option (removing 2.5mm from the base circle) i have a couple of 260/10mm ones iirc, but they have some wear on the journals tho

Would the 544's be a marked difference ie pretty wild lol. The ones you have you say are "worn" have they still got "life" in them for the oval and how much milder are they from the 544's ? And are they for sale ?
I will contact Geoff for a regrind to the 544 either way but it might be nice to have a choice of setup to see which is more " driveable " for my lads style of racing.

the only one i can find atm is a piper ultimate, its listed as a 285 deg but they are,nt a true 285 tho, here,s a pic of the wear, and i would have to find the special sized shims too
geoff removes 2.5mm so you just need to run 2 stock shims

P9121224.JPG
P9121225.JPG

Thanks it doesn't look terminal wear from what I can see lol , unless you deem otherwise. I will leave it with you to find the shims and please let me know what you want price wise ( pm would be great ay ). I'm going to message Geoff in a bit regards the 544. Thanks as always for the help and advice

Back