• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Franken-Mikey Build

Up until now I never thought about blogging about my little blue turd but it seems the time has come. I bought it with around 50k on the clock and more dents than I could count... cracks in the bumper... rusty wings... and paint with more swirls than a 2 year olds canvas...

After many hours in the bay I polished the paint up the paint to an inch of its life and got some decent photos out of it.

Aaaaand then decided to scream bugger it and purchase a preface swap along with a set of alloys off a Mystique I had luckily found at a local scrappy.

Soon came the preface swap which I badly rattle canned in the freezing cold due to impatience. This followed by reinstalling my facelift bumper until eventually I got my hands on an SR bumper and wrap around spoiler

To skip through the rest the interior swap was from a 1.4 sport+ which is now getting the addition of EP3 Type R seats due to them being a much more supportive seat than stock.

Performance wise we have the CG13DE married up with a 1.0 gear box, giz fab lower braces, gizfab panhard, gizfab strut braces front and rear (coming soon), a cheapo boi intake with a duct running from the grill to the filter itself. And although not a performance upgrade as such the exhaust has had all heatshields removed and replaced with titanium heat wrap leading to a sportex back box.

The future?
Lowering is 100% on the list. Oil cooler plans may go ahead for behing the cutouts if the plate holders dont get sold and I return to a standard sized plate. Grill and bumper need to be resprayed and mesh redone. Small carbon accents will be added in various places including dash and door cards with the rocker cover being resprayed.

I have probably missed a few things but I shall try to keep ontop of updates now both here and on instagram (@franken_mikey)

Happy reading
20180724_145917.jpeg
20181028_152319.jpeg
received_539548239903393.jpeg
Snapchat-215695889.jpeg
20181102_162022.jpeg
20181126_131957.jpeg
20181212_131738_007.jpeg
20181212_143604.jpeg
20190127_150719.jpeg
IMG_20190220_190410_446.jpeg
20190314_144141.jpeg
20190321_135749.jpeg
20190315_182636.jpeg
20190324_100820.jpeg
20190328_115305.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Micra Sports Club mobile app

what is it you have to do to do a front swap? is everything just bolt in or is some modification needed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

what is it you have to do to do a front swap? is everything just bolt in or is some modification needed

Was pretty much bolt off bolt on. Need a different bonnet catch and bonnet hinges and it all fits together! Also headlights need rewiring but its pretty straight forward if theres anything i can help with give me a shout!

Got a set of corsa b coilovers brand new if you want £110? Not to hard to fit either someone has a how to video on YouTube.

Love that shade of blue, car looks proper cool ?

Was pretty much bolt off bolt on. Need a different bonnet catch and bonnet hinges and it all fits together! Also headlights need rewiring but its pretty straight forward if theres anything i can help with give me a shout!

just curious about it really. dont have any intention of ever buying a facelift unless its to get parts to retrofit lol

I'm using amax -30mm front and rear on standard shocks they made a huge difference to handling and were super cheap (£40 from euro car parts). If you want decent handling I wouldn't bother with cheap coilovers

I'm using amax -30mm front and rear on standard shocks they made a huge difference to handling and were super cheap (£40 from euro car parts). If you want decent handling I wouldn't bother with cheap coilovers

Never got on with lowered springs on standard shocks, especially if the shocks are old will just bugger them quicker lol.

But is a lot cheaper than coilovers will give you that.

Up until now I never thought about blogging about my little blue turd but it seems the time has come. I bought it with around 50k on the clock and more dents than I could count... cracks in the bumper... rusty wings... and paint with more swirls than a 2 year olds canvas...

After many hours in the bay I polished the paint up the paint to an inch of its life and got some decent photos out of it.

Aaaaand then decided to scream bugger it and purchase a preface swap along with a set of alloys off a Mystique I had luckily found at a local scrappy.

Soon came the preface swap which I badly rattle canned in the freezing cold due to impatience. This followed by reinstalling my facelift bumper until eventually I got my hands on an SR bumper and wrap around spoiler

To skip through the rest the interior swap was from a 1.4 sport+ which is now getting the addition of EP3 Type R seats due to them being a much more supportive seat than stock.

Performance wise we have the CG13DE married up with a 1.0 gear box, giz fab lower braces, gizfab panhard, gizfab strut braces front and rear (coming soon), a cheapo boi intake with a duct running from the grill to the filter itself. And although not a performance upgrade as such the exhaust has had all heatshields removed and replaced with titanium heat wrap leading to a sportex back box.

The future?
Lowering is 100% on the list. Oil cooler plans may go ahead for behing the cutouts if the plate holders dont get sold and I return to a standard sized plate. Grill and bumper need to be resprayed and mesh redone. Small carbon accents will be added in various places including dash and door cards with the rocker cover being resprayed.

I have probably missed a few things but I shall try to keep ontop of updates now both here and on instagram (@franken_mikey)

Happy reading View attachment 62820View attachment 62821View attachment 62822View attachment 62823View attachment 62824View attachment 62825View attachment 62826View attachment 62827View attachment 62828View attachment 62829View attachment 62830View attachment 62831View attachment 62832View attachment 62833View attachment 62834

How did you adapt the rails on the ep3 seats to fit on the k11? I would like to do the same to mine

Back