• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Fordy's K10 Micra Blog

As i said on the phone mate. Sorry to hear this happened and its good your OK. if poss can i have dibs on exhaust and EGR Removal bracket that goes on inlet manifold if thats being sold.

Cheers mate, hope yer back and neck dont get any worse!

my bodyshop gave me alot of good news today,

its not gunna cost much to fix! i just need to buy a front panel and bumper the rest i have or the bodyshop can fix!
only nissan parts are being used aswell so 100 quid for the front panel and new front bumper for about 35 quid

woop the micra's going to be back and better than ever! and im over the moon! i love this red one!

I would suggest that you upgrade the brakes as well Fordy, my K10 had lousy brakes as well.

March K11 Calipers, Decent Pads and Brembo Vented Disks will make a huge increase, and its not all that expensive to achieve!

Any pics of the damage fordy?

Bad luck. Why did the donkey 2 in front brake hard?!

Glad your ok and it can get fixed. First Micra ever to survive isn´t it, lol!

ohhh was that the same red micra in the crash as the one up at modded????

Couldn't notice a single thing, tooooo clean and polished!:p

it already is back on the road guys, looking as good maybe better than what it was like before the crash

im trying to get some action plans for the engine work im planning to do over the winter

ok heres a update for all those that are waiting

the red micra is back on the road and in better condition than before!

got the car fixed the week before the modded uk show in kent

my car on the stand
dsc00317mediumiu5.jpg

dsc00316mediumnd1.jpg

DSCF1580.jpg

also whilst at the show all weekend i got bored slightly and got the micra on the rolling road :grinning:

dsc00314mediumwh1.jpg

dsc00315mediumku1.jpg

havent got a scan of the graph print out yet but the figures are as following

72bhp at flywheel
55bhp at wheels
68Il-ft torque

12bhp over standard ma12 from just 4-2-1 exhaust + pipercross air filter and a few other tweaks im not telling but they didnt cost any pennys

dartford tunnel on the way home was well all that can explain it is :love: exhaust sounds lovely

just serviced it aswell, 54k service the BIG one but money well spent imo

also got a old toy off ebay to play with :grinning:

dsc00320mediumsm3.jpg

dsc00321mediumei6.jpg

also yes more to come

the WHITE micra might be back making a come back on the road soon, possibly with a 1.2 engine out of my donor car and long ratio 5spd, then i'll recon my short 5 spd box and put it in my red micra for santa pod arse wooping :grinning:

i was stood the other side of the suitcase thing with all his equipment in. i was there from when the redy brown, 106 gti went on. lol

what will that airflow converter allow you to do??

what will that airflow converter allow you to do??

allow me to mess with the signal from the ecc boost sensor hopefully allowing me to control the fueling and timing slightly, its going on another rolling road again soon (end of october) so we will see if it does what i want it to then

purely because after 4000rpms the torque curve falls and i want to be able to keep it up for at least another 1000rpm

also hopefully if the afc works when i get a fast road cam in this month i can adjust the fueling to suit it

but it mainly because i got bored and bidded on it tho so if it works the way i want it to then excellent but i plan on it not working or making much difference

Woohoo!!!!(Y) Loooking gooooooooooD!
Excellent piccy on the Rolling road.... (Y)

I see you were parked next to a BM......hope your car didn't catch anything off it! :laugh:

another update!

in the few hours spare time i have at the moment ive given the car a full service

oil + filter
cambelt
all fluids changed
spark plugs
pipercross air filter just needs clean

argh! someones nicked my cambelt!
dsc00329mscos4.jpg

never mind new belt on :laugh:
dsc00330mscsd6.jpg

also brought a new toy :grinning:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Innovate-LM-1-Wideband-controller-kit-and-O2-Sensor_W0QQitemZ330148905210QQihZ014QQcategoryZ72205QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

just need a exhaust clamp attachment and then im helping a mate out with a mini project running a megajolt ignition and then if i like the system i might convert the micra to it

right guys! the times here to get yourself probably one of the best looking k10s in the club

the white k10 of mine! i'd rather sell it to a member in the club otherwise i will keep it,

just looking for the interest at the moment, if there is interest i will tidy it up from where its been in my garage since may so could do with a clean etc

let me know asap if your interested at all

update fitted the hid kit at long last! and they are looking sexy makes the car look alot "newer" and ive also put up a quick guide on how to bypass the dim/dip box to allow the hids to be fitted

another update - strange how i only work on my car in the winter coldest time of the year hahaha

anyway we all know i brought a weber 34 ich carb for my micra off ebay from quickdraw

the carbs all rebuilt and working fully again! now i just got to fit it and set it up which im either going to do in a minute or another day when i get a choke cable for it

update!

weber carb not on yet and might not get put on as i might be getting a renault 5 turbo instead and selling up the micras ive got

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/4327/15294130pg5.jpg

picture from today :D

also

red micra is having a engine rebuild as we speak! due to low compression on all 4 cylinders, instead of just doing a headgasket im doing the full works on it

new h/g
new rings
skim head
3 angle valve seats and valves

once all done and run in the car will be going up forsale! as im now going to buy a 200sx s14a :D

so if you want the car to stay in the club someone will need to offer £700 for it as ive already been offered that by someone not in the club, like i say id rather it stay in the club than disapear

im back in the scene again yay!

all those read from the beginning! after beening stood for another year ive finally got it out, it flew through a mot! not even an adivisory :D

now just needs tax and its back on the roads, im surprised how nippy the 1ltr is after ive been driving the sx for some time now

Lol,
the one you sold me went through MOT no probs.
2 advisory's, one because a little rust is starting to appear on a sill, another for the nearside brake line corroding a bit where it goes through arch.

Glad to see you have it on t' road!

Back