Silicone pipes
Baileys dump valve
Air filter.

OP
OP
Paul Smith

Paul Smith

Site Supporter
Hi yep everything but management. It's a garret turbo but no idea what one. The only markings on it are garret a/r 48?

Hmmmm- sorely tempted by this... Just in the process of selling my MX5, so providing it sells nice and quick I think I'll be after this
Where abouts are you Paul?- I'm assuming you'd want pick up only?

pollyp

Club Member
whats the details on the flywheel? dia & weight.
I'm looking for a lightened 1.3 preface flywheel for my 1.3 turbo k11. holes would be redrilled for the 200mm helix clutch I have.

my starter ring is 273mm dia
dsc09863-jpg.37378

pollyp

Club Member
Same diameter and weighs 2.7kg

how light? dya have a pic?
the old ultralight JUN flywheel I had was engineered n manufactured specifically at 3.6kg for road/racing conditions.
if this is the standard flywheel metal with a huge amount machined off, I'm abit concerned if there's enough material to maintain it's integrity at prolonged 7k rev and with over 160ftlb.
last thing anyone wants is a flywheel to explode on track.
can you or frank or anyone advise if this is safe for my purpose?

OP
OP
Paul Smith

Paul Smith

Site Supporter
It's not a standard one machined. It is definitely custom made from steel. I'll get a pic of it on scales no probs. Seems robust

pollyp

Club Member
It's not a standard one machined. It is definitely custom made from steel. I'll get a pic of it on scales no probs. Seems robust

phew that's good to hear.
was concerned for a sec there cos was thinking I know frank n other members getting their one-piece flywheels down to 4-5kg safely but thought going 8kg - 2.5kg on original metal was abit excessive.
would be fab if you could get a piccy and dibs :cool:

OP
OP
Paul Smith

Paul Smith

Site Supporter
2.6kg

Attachments

• 1423394361978.jpg
    1423394361978.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 310
  • 1423394373949.jpg
    1423394373949.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 327
  • 1423394386955.jpg
    1423394386955.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 377
OP
OP
Paul Smith

Paul Smith

Site Supporter
Turbo kit

Attachments

• 1423395251199.jpg
    1423395251199.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 374
  • 1423395263092.jpg
    1423395263092.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 343
  • 1423395274917.jpg
    1423395274917.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 304

pollyp

Club Member
What's the outer dia of the friction plate before it hits the holes?

If its below 200mm I'm not sure if my clutch would fit or work properly without the cutout holes potentially chewing up the outer edge of the clutch disc?

Unless a larger friction plate can be fitted?

frank

Club Member
What's the outer dia of the friction plate before it hits the holes?

If its below 200mm I'm not sure if my clutch would fit or work properly without the cutout holes potentially chewing up the outer edge of the clutch disc?

Unless a larger friction plate can be fitted?
its a shallow dish preface 1.0 one aint it paul ? alloy and steel like the fidanza,s

Sort of interested in your lightened flywheel, there's a couple of issues though.
First, I'm in Australia, would you be willing to post to Australia, if so could you give me an estimate of freight?
Second, I'm not sure about the effects of fitting such a light flywheel as I haven't driven a car with a lightened flywheel before and had just got used to the idea of a lightened standard flywheel . I understand it will take an adjustment of driving style and stalling may be an issue until I get used to it. With engine revs slowing down more quickly are gear changes different / more rushed? It's for a mini so I should have a fair bit less weight than the average micra.
Any help or suggestions gratefully received.
Will this need machining or just install on a preface lift 1.3?

OP
OP
Paul Smith

Paul Smith

Site Supporter
Hi
I can get a price for you. I couldn't really answer your other questions as I've never fitted it as always used a 1 litre box.
It would not need machine down and should fit straight to your 1.3 pre face block and box.
Lots of tuners on here will tell you lightening the fly is a must...
Where in Australia are you?

pollyp

Club Member
Second, I'm not sure about the effects of fitting such a light flywheel as I haven't driven a car with a lightened flywheel before and had just got used to the idea of a lightened standard flywheel . I understand it will take an adjustment of driving style and stalling may be an issue until I get used to it. With engine revs slowing down more quickly are gear changes different / more rushed? It's for a mini so I should have a fair bit less weight than the average micra.
Any help or suggestions gratefully received.

when I fitted my 3.4kg ultra light JUN flywheel with a 3 pad helix clutch, first thing I noticed was whoa it's so responsive like a motorcycle engine. engine response was fantastic which really helped improve up/down shifts cos didn't have to wait for the revs to change, just bang it into gear.

the reduced mass will obviously reduce inertia so initially you'll prob stall it few times when driving off but honestly it's down to relearning clutch control.
on a standard heavy flywheel you could quickly release the clutch and hope the heavy inertia and bite of the clutch will propell the car upto speed before the revs stall.
but with a light flywheel and low inertia you need to either release the clutch more slowly under low throttle/rev or apply more throttle & revs when releasing rapidly.

with paddle clutch plates, low inertia racing flywheels also offer less vibration dampening so the clutch engagement can occasionally become 'juddery'