For Sale: Apexi S-AFC, OMP Strut Brace, Greddy Purge Tank

Retepetsir

King of Subsonic
The sale of parts continues...

All the parts being sold are currently fitted to my R-Reg 1997 Micra SR. It requires welding work on the front floor/sills and I'm now after a newer car (family plans) so I'm open to offers on the whole lot.

Happy to sell the car with parts if anyone wants it! I also have a brand new set of sills to go with it too.

A'PeXi SAFC

A'PeXi Super Air Flow Converter - I've had this fitted to my SR for 4 years now, it adjusts the fuelling depending on the throttle levels. It's currently setup for a moderate increase in fuel across the whole throttle range, but I also have the settings suitable for when the Janspeed performance manifold is used in combination with a performance exhaust (mine is a 3" Powerflow) and this was all setup on a dyno. It gets rid of the lean fuelling in the mid-range rpm level and improves performance (I have a dyno plot to prove this). It also looks cool with either a numerical readout or graphical plots! The blurb:

The A'PEXi Air Flow Converters work by intercepting the signal between the car's air flow meter and the ECU. The Air Flow Meter is the device that tells the ECU how much air is entering the engine so that the ECU can add the correct amount of fuel.
The ECU calculates the proper ratio of fuel to air for a stock, unmodified engine. Certain engine modifications can cause the dynamics of the engine to require more fuel. In this case, there are two common options for modifying the amout of fuel being input into the engine. One can either install larger injectors or increase the fuel pressure to the stock injectors is increased.

I have a copy of the manual in PDF format that I can email to the buyer.

apexisafc-1.jpg

£65 collected or £70 posted

OMP Strut Brace

Some paint missing near some of the bolt holes that go on the strut but still in good condition for its age. It's been fitted to my SR since I've had it.

OMP-catchtank.jpg

£40 collected or £50 posted

Greddy Oil Catch Tank

Takes any oil vapours away from the cam cover and vents them. Useful if you have an after-market induction kit fitted and don't have the standard oil vapour return pipe to the OEM airbox. An example of it is below, and see the above photo for it fitted to my SR.

greddy-oil-catch-tank.jpg

£25 collected or £30 posted

As mentioned before, the SR has got to go so I'm open to offers for the car with everything fitted. I'll put some details up in the 'K11's for Sale' forum later today. Engine is solid, serviced regularly and has never let me down.

Cheers

Pete

OP
OP
Retepetsir

Retepetsir

King of Subsonic
that is a good price for the Safc, shame it doesnt do anything on the micra

In what way? Worked well on mine, stopped the lean fuelling in the mid-range power band.

This was setup by Abbey Motorsport (previous owner worked at Abbey).

It's not as good as a remap but its certainly better than nothing.

In what way? Worked well on mine, stopped the lean fuelling in the mid-range power band.

This was setup by Abbey Motorsport (previous owner worked at Abbey).

It's not as good as a remap but its certainly better than nothing.

well, as far as i know, micra ECU is running in closed loop so this doesnt effect the map at all. doesnt make a difference in mine:(

OP
OP
Retepetsir

Retepetsir

King of Subsonic
I'll check the price to Portugal for you baguete.

Here is a dyno plot with the induction kit, Janspeed manifold, decat and Apexi SAFC fitted. The SAFC helped the torque in the mid-range and the AFR is pretty much ideal throughout.

Note - this is power at the hubs, i.e. true BHP. Add another ~15-20hp for power at the engine!

rockydynomodified.jpg

OP
OP
Retepetsir

Retepetsir

King of Subsonic
Ishy - Janspeed was sold yesterday, I should have provided it with the car to make it easier for me, sorry about that!

I've just put a thread up in the 'K11's for Sale' section. :)

OP
OP
Retepetsir

Retepetsir

King of Subsonic
I currently have someone interested in the car including the strut brace, but will let you know if that changes.

baguete, you have PM

Where about in West Sussex are you chum im junc 10 of m25 , is the PowerFlow and Strut brace still available ?? If so whats the best price for both or individually if i where to collect them thx Sef ;)

OP
OP
Retepetsir

Retepetsir

King of Subsonic
I'm in Haywards Heath, near the A23.

Strut Brace is still currently available but I can't really remove the Powerflow as I have no alternative exhaust, so that'll need to go with the car! Still in fairly good condition though (cat-back setup). The car is worth more in parts but I don't have the time to break it.