footwell neons

hoodedreeper

Ex. Club Member
Hey all! When i get my Micra i'm thinking of putting some neons in the footwells. For those who have done this,is it easy to do? Most neons i've seen plug into the cigerette lighter,any way of converting that into a switch on the dash board?

thanks in advance

I just wired them off my amp. I used the wrong cabling though and it set on fire :) You can wire them from your amp but make sure you use the correct wire and put a fuse block in. You can wire it to the back of your cigarette lighter as well. You need to pull the connector out of the back and trap the neons cabling in the between the connector and the back of the cigarette lighter.

Note. When I put the neons in, I ran a switch as well, which turned off the amp and the neons at the same time. Switch it on and they both came on.

attachment.php
click that to see my neons :)

I used the live feed and ground from my head unit, just used some scotch locks to keep all the wiring tidy.

real easy job to do, if your confident enough at wiring its literaly a 15 minute job.

i did see that pic of ya micra Bence and thats what made me do this topic :p I'll have a look about for some neons (and a car on that note ;)) and let ya know how i get on!

cool! my sub i've got is a 10" chrome in a box with a perspex window and neons inside,havent seen it workin yet but i reckon its gonna look phat! Guess i'll carry on the the trend and use blue neons.

I ordered red ones to be honest lol! but the guy messed up and sent me blue ones but instead of all the hassle, i just instaled them and i like the look of these better anyway

ive got a 36" neon tube on my parcel shelf thats attatched to my brake lights..... so everytime i press the brake pedal..... i have an earie red glow in the car, and it certainly makes people take note that "IM SLOWING DOWN NUMB NUTS"......

lol. i had a brain wave after i picked up some under car neons from work for £15....for the full kit, including wiring, switch and relay..... then snapped on under the car... (im no chav just messin..) and then it hit me..... "HUGE BRAKE LIGHT!!!" lol

foot wells next..

I used to make footwell LEDs they were the best thing going ;) but expensive compared to other cheap (inferior ;)) stuff out there

i wired them off the back of the hazard warning switch put went to the scrappies and got a switch to replace the non used one and hooked it all up so when u push the switch that doesnt look out of place on the dash the neons come on

ive got a 36" neon tube on my parcel shelf thats attatched to my brake lights..... so everytime i press the brake pedal..... i have an earie red glow in the car, and it certainly makes people take note that "IM SLOWING DOWN NUMB NUTS"........

how did u manage to connect it up to the brake light, tht sounds cool!! ive got a 36" one aswell...

i have an idea how to wire them up, was just gonna piggy back them off the back of the cigarette lighter, would this work?

where abouts did you attach them to?

i have neons in the footwell and boot install. these all run off a cigarette lighter connector!
its very easy to install them where you want them because they usually come with Adhesive sticky pads!!!

good luck getting some and wiring them up!!!

if you dont use a cigaretter lighter connecter and are just wiring it up to a power source (battery, amp wire etc) them make sure you fit a switch in a very easy, accessible area!

Napster

I've found some LED neons that are about 6" long with 6 LED bulbs,very bright apprently.Think these are cigerette lighter connections but i'm hoping to wire them to a switch.

I used splicers and connected them to the (+) and ground that my Head unit runs of.
My car never came with a cigarette lighter, there was just a grommet in its place so i drilled through that and my switch for the neaons sits there

if you need anymore help, give us a shout:)

Click

Here is a link to a shop of a friend of mine. I've bought neon's from him before.

If you pm me with what you want i can look at getting a discount too ;)

Igloo

Don't take this wrong, but do you get any remarks with the neons, I had LED Dash once, that drew enough attention...lol

Not had any bad feedback on them anyway lol

Seems to draw alot of attention at local cruises. Get the usual "why a micra" question alot lol. Mostly get positive remarks tho

Not had any bad feedback on them anyway lol

Seems to draw alot of attention at local cruises. Get the usual "why a micra" question alot lol. Mostly get positive remarks tho

Oh we all have the "why a micra" I got it when standard...lol

I always said, "Cause you would'nt wanna go to a night club wearing the same as everyone else..."

And now look, I am wearing the same as everyone else, only difference is I have an 18 underneath...lmao!

Hey all! When i get my Micra i'm thinking of putting some neons in the footwells. For those who have done this,is it easy to do? Most neons i've seen plug into the cigerette lighter,any way of converting that into a switch on the dash board?

thanks in advance

ohhh dear, please for your own sake DONT DO IT!!!!! you might aswell put a sing on you roof sayin T.I.T. no offnce mate but there awful, tacky and soo charvish i dont know what! please mate dont.

lol there not that bad...

if i had a massive undercar kit, tyre flies, a neons stickin out the bonnet then fair enough lol

ohhh dear, please for your own sake DONT DO IT!!!!! you might aswell put a sing on you roof sayin T.I.T. no offnce mate but there awful, tacky and soo charvish i dont know what! please mate dont.

each to his own, if he likes them then thats fine

i like neons,but i'm not gonna go neon crazy on my car.Undercar neons look cool,but only if the exterior is modified nicely.Putting undercar neons on a standard micra might look abit naff (apologizes to those who have,no offence) Also...the only time footwell neons will be seen is by me and at shows/cruises.

i like neons,but i'm not gonna go neon crazy on my car.Undercar neons look cool,but only if the exterior is modified nicely.Putting undercar neons on a standard micra might look abit naff (apologizes to those who have,no offence) Also...the only time footwell neons will be seen is by me and at shows/cruises.

Yep, Totaly Agree.

Back