fog relay

Status
Not open for further replies.

curtis

Ex. Club Member
Hi, i recently changed the "dummy" fog light for a real one. soo i have two fog lights on the back now!

they have both stopped working and i was wondering where the fog light relay is located on the micra 1990 LS.

I don't think its the blue or gray relay just above the fuse box strip on the drivers side...Can anybody help?? :k10:

I think it is the blue relay above the fuse box, as i had to change that in the past when my fogs stopped working.. didnt turn out to be the problem, my indicator stalk had broke, it stopped sending the signal to the fog light switch (so it didnt illuminate when i switched it on), therefor not turning the fog lights on. Might be worth checking out. Also check fuses too

Thread moved. Blogs should only be used for ongoing progress of cars rather than one off technical problems

thanks

I think it is the blue relay above the fuse box, as i had to change that in the past when my fogs stopped working.. didnt turn out to be the problem, my indicator stalk had broke, it stopped sending the signal to the fog light switch (so it didnt illuminate when i switched it on), therefor not turning the fog lights on. Might be worth checking out. Also check fuses too

Thread moved. Blogs should only be used for ongoing progress of cars rather than one off technical problems

Ok, i've already change the blue one with some out the scrappy, thinking it was that one, but wasn't sure. so it wasn't that.

I will go and get an indercator stalk and replace. thanks, Curtis.

P.S. Thanks for moving the thread, didn't realise about where to put it sorry. :k10:

Hi, i've changed the indercater stalk for one from the scrappy. nothing works still, so far i've changed, bulbs, switch, relay...i don't know what else to try??!!

Sounds silly, but have you checked the wiring you did? Maybe it has disconnected somewhere!!

check the fuse, as 2 bulbs is double the load. check the first and the thifrd one in from the LHS.

The rear fog lamp relay on my 1989 K10 Auto was a pig to find. Spent hours. Eventually tracked it down to a small relay behind the dash taped to part of the main loom behind there. Also needed it to work for MoT so soldered a temp relay in place intending to buy a proper replacement. Still working!

Peter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back