fog light problem

NeX

You're after my robot bee
Club Member
hi all,

i have a problem with my rear fog light and its really getting to me.

all fuses in the car and in the engine bay are fine.

when i switch the lights on and switch the fog light on, it doesn't come on and neither does the one on the dash or my after market front fogs. the front fogs work, i shorted the relay and they do come on, they are just not getting a signal.

i cant get at the rear foglight bulb easily as it is behind my install. so could someone tell me if the foglight bulb blows, does the dash light come on?
could someone quickly go out to their car and pull out the light and try and turn the fogs on :)

if its not that then i am down to the switch on the stalks or somewhere in the wire there is a break...

anyone got any other ideas? anyone had this problem before?

kennierobo

Buy & Sell Member
I would have thought that the dash light would be part of the circut otherwise you wouldnt know when its blown ie dash light out no rear light.

OP
OP
NeX

NeX

Club Member
I would have thought that the dash light would be part of the circut otherwise you wouldnt know when its blown ie dash light out no rear light.

yea i see. but if that is true then it could also be the dash light that is gone ¬_¬ so much to check

OP
OP
NeX

NeX

Club Member
i will check on bumble bee if light goes out when rear bulb is removed after i finnish work tonight

thanks mate you are are a legend :D tho i think its gonna be the switch... knowing my luck lol

Robert

Ex. Club Member
Just been out and had look for you Nex, the dash light comes on regardless of whether there's a fog bulb in or not.

ollyc98

Ex. Club Member
If you can't get to the bulb check the plug in the boot under the carpet that goes to the bulb. Check the continuity.

OP
OP
NeX

NeX

Club Member
cool thanks people. i will check the indicator stalk and the guage pod light. i will leave the one in the back till last as it is all behind my sub lol

JayY

Owner of The Black Beauty
Mate, I had a similar problem. I replaced the stalk three times, one was even brand new but it still didnt work, in the end I made a bodged switch, but it passes the MOT though