Fog light installation issues

So I bought some fog lights and installed them on my 2001 facelift, a few weeks later and my replacement stalk with front fogs arrives, I installed the stalk by simply disconnecting the loom from the old one and then plugging it in to the new one. However after reconnecting the battery they still don't work? And strangely the drivers side headlight doesn't work, but when i put the old stalk back in again it does...

When I installed the fogs the wires were already there in the engine bay for me to use.

They look great but no good if they don't work. What am I doing wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
OLeary

OP
OP
OLeary
Hi Andy yeah no problem will hopefully get some pics tonight when I get in, one thing I would mention is that they are not the nissan ones don't know if this would affect it.

OP
OP
OLeary
72568dc2ae4d0832249fe8899a7cab55_uploadfromtaptalk.jpg

Just a quick update, i'm not much of an electrician and hadn't realised there was no relay, so had a look in the engine bay relay box but couldn't see a spare slot, after a bit of looking I found it in the fuse box on the drivers side dash. It's up at the top on the right you can just about see it in the pic.

Have now ordered a relay and will update further when it arrives with wether any stalk wiring changes needed to be made.

Hi done mine recently. Swapped the old stock with a one from a doner car (was going for scrap). Yeah installed a relay. Connector was there. Didnt had any issues. All works fine. I will upload some pictures tomorrow.

OP
OP
OLeary
I'm back again with more questions lol :rolleyes:
Hi AD9QMR, where did you install relay? I have put mine in the spare slot in dash fuse box, and put new stalk in but still not working, right headlight still doesn't work with new stalk either, is it a case of rewiring the stalk? if so any info on what colour wires do what would be great thamks, I will attach some pictures of old/new stalk and other bits, cheers.
20161015_144642.jpg 20161015_144703.jpg 20161015_144824.jpg 20161015_144842.jpg 20161015_144946.jpg 20161015_145000.jpg 20161015_145101.jpg 20161015_145125.jpg 20161015_145133.jpg

I'm back again with more questions lol :rolleyes:
Hi AD9QMR, where did you install relay? I have put mine in the spare slot in dash fuse box, and put new stalk in but still not working, right headlight still doesn't work with new stalk either, is it a case of rewiring the stalk? if so any info on what colour wires do what would be great thamks, I will attach some pictures of old/new stalk and other bits, cheers.
View attachment 51811 View attachment 51812 View attachment 51813 View attachment 51814 View attachment 51815 View attachment 51816 View attachment 51817 View attachment 51818 View attachment 51819
Hi....
I installed the relay in the spare slot too. I think it was the one in the middle. Didnt do any modificatip in the wirring or in the stalk. Was simple swap. Cant remember if i had to install any fuse. have a quick look in the fuse box. Just a quick question. Where did you find the terminal for fog lights. Mine was near the right hand headlight loom.

OP
OP
OLeary
Which bit is the terminal? All I plugged in in the engine bay was two wiring looms for the bulb holders which were tucked behind headlights on both sides,

OP
OP
OLeary
Hi....
I installed the relay in the spare slot too. I think it was the one in the middle. Didnt do any modificatip in the wirring or in the stalk. Was simple swap. Cant remember if i had to install any fuse. have a quick look in the fuse box. Just a quick question. Where did you find the terminal for fog lights. Mine was near the right hand headlight loom.
Have just had a look in engine bay and there is in fact another free loom near the drivers side headlight, is this it?

Have just had a look in engine bay and there is in fact another free loom near the drivers side headlight, is this it?
Thats the one should be a blueish green wire with silver stripe and a black wire.
Hi mine was taped in. The connector should be of black colour with a purple insert. Wires going to connector are bluish green and black.

Attachments

• 14767866762121751353167.jpg
    14767866762121751353167.jpg
    639.7 KB · Views: 269