Flywheel Locking Tool

Hi,

Can anyone help me? I have a Micra 03 model (K12) where the timing chain has stretched and I have taken the engine out of the car in an attempt to change the chain. I have reached a bit of a stumbling block unfortunately. To loosen the crankshaft pulley bolt I need some sort of locking tool to hold either the flywheel or pulley. I have been able to pinpoint two devices which are on on line technical manuals that give a part number for these tools. The codes for the devices are KV10105630 & KV10105610. However I have been unable to find anyone who supplies this on line. I have tried the Dealers themselves and also Sealey, Draper and Laser Tools themselves with no luck. Does anyone know how I can get around this or maybe use another tool that would work on the flywheel?

Is the engine still in the car with the gearbox and wheels etc ? If so you can use a long arm with a long extention on the nut with the wheels on the ground or use an air powered gun

Opp's really should have done it when in the car as the crank nut is torqued to 132.4/152.4 NM !

Nissan have there own tool which I have taken from the FSM but you would have to call the dealer for a price

KV10105630 Ring gear stopper

Just a quick update I ended up taking your advise and wedged a crowbar in between the gaps in the crankshaft pully and using a breaker bar managed to undo the nut. Came off a treat! Thank you all so much for the comments should be on my way to changing the time in chain with a bit of success......

Back