flasher/hazard light unit location

Hi Folks,

I am a fairly new member here, (since January 2015), although we have had micras since 2001, covering to date nearly 200K more or less trouble free miles in these amazing little cars;

I need some more help now please as my current 2001 1.0 runabout's indicator/hazard lights have started working intermittently, which i'm assuming is the flasher unit, however despite much web searching, I cant seem to find a definitive guide to WHERE the flasher unit is!

When I take off the fuse box cover, above the fuses are three blue relays, I find posts saying that the flasher unit is somewhere below the steering column joined to the thick wiring harness and is attached to a bracket, but whether it's on the right or left I can't seem to find it or work out if it's hidden by the relays;

I would be very grateful for help in how to find and remove it, and how I source a replacement given they aren't available from Nissan now, (I checked);

Thanks in advance

Dave

There's a black pop out cover behind the wiper stalk on the instrument cover. Its behind there. 2 screws hold the instrument shroud on. Remove them and lift off the whole shroud. You can then see the flasher unit better. You can also lay on your back looking up, but its awkward.

There's a black pop out cover behind the wiper stalk on the instrument cover. Its behind there. 2 screws hold the instrument shroud on. Remove them and lift off the whole shroud. You can then see the flasher unit better. You can also lay on your back looking up, but its awkward.
the instrument shroud, you mean the bit round clocks etc? sorry bit dense I know, thanks for reply though

Yes. There's a screw either side. It just lifts off then.
thanks for help, I have now found it and attach a pic of it in situ, hopefully it will pull off easily, I didn't find it easy to track down a replacement but vehicle wiring products do one for £13 inc postage, so ive ordered one anyway as I cant think what else it could be

Attachments

• WP_000099.jpg
    WP_000099.jpg
    350.5 KB · Views: 10,568
thanks for help, I have now found it and attach a pic of it in situ, hopefully it will pull off easily, I didn't find it easy to track down a replacement but vehicle wiring products do one for £13 inc postage, so ive ordered one anyway as I cant think what else it could be
thought would just update to say the flasher unit was so hard to reach (nearly did my back in) I simply pulled the 3 pin connector off, plugged in the replacement unit (FL3 from vehicle wiring products) and taped it to fascia under the steering column, job done

Thanks to this thread I just replaced the flasher relay on my 2002 Micra. The indicators were partially working for about a week before they packed in altogether. £20 for a replacement and very easy to replace if you're (a) willing to sit on your knees for a minute or two, and (b) not bothered about not screwing the new relay in. Sod taking off the instrument shroud just to take the broken relay out! Much easier to just plug the cable into the new relay and leave it wedged up against the old one (or tape it as davecullen6 said). :D

Being a Micra K11 owner, both my indicators and hazard unit have stopped working, nice photo showing the flasher unit alongside a blue relay just above and to the right of theblue relay , not sure what the model of the one in the photo is but my Nissan K11 2002 has just an empty space alongside this blue relay, I am now contemplating pulling the entire dash facia out but am daunted by this prospect just to find the flasher unit!!!