Flaming Pao

Well, after 3 months on and off welding up the Pao l finally came to the end. I had just finished up welding up a small parch on the n/s sill when i thought i would check around underneath for untidy welds. I noticed a small hole just under the drivers seat support and just buzzed it up with the torch. The interior was compleatly stripped out except for the drivers seat. I had put an old curtain over the seat to keep it clean whilst i drove it in and out of the workshop. Well you guessed it from the title ,as i stepped back to roll the welder out from under the ramp i saw flames inside the car. Down came the ramp and my Buddy grabbed the co2 and put it out. Now i need a drivers seat, door card and headling, please if anyone knows of any. ThanksView attachment 40946View attachment 40946
20150409_214804.jpg
20150409_214804.jpg

Last edited:
Really sorry to hear about this fabster, I'm doing a lot of welding on mine and and I'll be extra careful now. Can't help with the parts though.

Yes i do like the car a lot and the only way to own one for me was to buy a fixer-upper. I started welding at the begining of January in my spare time, about 4 hrs a week and as i said i only just finished on Thursday.I really do like the car and that is what keeps me going even after this set back. I have researched anti rust paint and i have just picked up some rustbuster epoxy primer which i will spray on before doing the body work (both sills ,rear arches,and rear corners below the bumper. Then its on to the mechanical side which as far as i can see is both front to rear brake lines, both front lower arms and rear shocks before the Mot.

Back