Fixing AFR

I have a cg13 on a cg10 with a opened port head and my afr on high rpm raizes alot, any cheap way to fix my afr in high rpm?

Enviado do meu MI 5 através do Tapatalk

frank

Club Member
maf housing sleeve maybe ? stock dia is 60mm so reducing that to 55mm for example will increase the airflow passing the sensor (different fueling calibration)

Is it possible to fool the maf sensor with some kind of eletronical components? I have some experience in electronics but I'm afraid of ****ing something up

frank

Club Member
Sorry English is not my mother language, what's a sleeve?

a reducer, this one has 76mm and 89mm black inserts

SPE-9705.jpg

frank

Club Member
the throttleplate is 45mm dia with a spindle in there too, so a 50 or 55mm sleeve in the maf wont be a bottle neck
another option is bigger injectors, but they tend to overfuel at low throttle

frank

Club Member
low throttle cruise yes, the bigger injectors tend to bog down as you pull away (hesitation) you can see on this dyno printout where the blue trace dips to very rich, when i disconnected the coolant temp sensor to simulate coldstart enrichment
i ended up with bigger injectors on that car and a rising rate fuel reg that dropped the fuel pressure by half when the inlet mani was at full vacuum

SDC11787.JPG

frank

Club Member
yes the half fuel pressure stopped it bogging down at low rpm, i was running GQ15/18 injectors and sometimes stalled at junctions, that would flood the engine and i had to remove the fuelpump fuse to restart the engine, running with the rising rate reg cured that,
this is a 3:1 reg

s-l400 (1).jpg

frank

Club Member
remove the stock reg because that only drops the fuel pressure from 3 bar to 2.5 (at idle)
you may need to experiment with different springs in the reg, and i ended up with an air damper also to stop the fuelpressure from rising too quickly
its trial and error and pretty ghetto, thats why i suggested to mod the maf body first ^

I started looking for these apexi controller, and how do I know what of those fit the micra for a N/A project and do I need wideband for it?
Wouldnt something like a Apexi SAFC help to adjust it? Thats electric and theyre not that expensive anymore.

It means a wideband is prefered because you can check your afr with it. And not only if its rich or lean but actually how rich or lean it is.

So you want a wideband to set it up the right way

I'm using standard o2 sensor and muly afr meter can read at least at full throttle, that's my concern...