fitting side skirts - HELP!

hoodedreeper

Ex. Club Member
Hello!

Went to the local Scrappy today in search of some Side Skirts,and came away with a pair of Rover 400 skirts.

Now i know Square Pants and Barto have fitted these but i think i'll be fitting them slightly different? To those familiar with these skirts,on the Rover theres a large flat piece that screws to the sill of the Rover.

I've chopped the ends off and cut this large flat piece shorter. I held the skirt up to see if i could fit it proply (same way as Rover have) but it looks too 'awkward' and doesnt look quite right.

Anyway,i turned the skirt upside down so the large flat piece was up against the sill. I was thinking of bonding it on with Tiger Seal,but not sure if that'll be strong enough?

What i'm trying to say is,can i screw the plastic skirt to the sill or not? Or is the only way to do it,is to bond it?

Sorry for the long read

squarepants

Ex. Club Member
Hello!

Anyway,i turned the skirt upside down so the large flat piece was up against the sill. I was thinking of bonding it on with Tiger Seal,but not sure if that'll be strong enough?

What i'm trying to say is,can i screw the plastic skirt to the sill or not? Or is the only way to do it,is to bond it?

i used tiger seal to hold mine one and its lasted 4years and still going strong!

yes you turn them upside down and fit them that way.

i drilled my civic ones onto my blaack one...but you can fit them ither way...raceworx drilled and sealed his rover 400 ones onto his red & blue micra just to make sure lol.

pjg1979

THIS IS MY BOOMSTICK!
Well I don't have any sills, but I have an undercar kit fitted with about 12 self-tapping screws, if you plan of taking off and adjusting the sills I'd say Screw It.

squarepants

Ex. Club Member
yep ;)...its gets everywhere if your not careful lol. it comes off the paint work easy though (just polishs off) but it doesnt come of your cloths :S lol